🐈
» Groups » AI & Machine Learning » Forum » Are You Future-Proofing Your AI Knowledge? Le...
Page options
RogerS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Are You Future-Proofing Your AI Knowledge? Let's Share Tips and Tricks! Hey everyone, Like many

Hey everyone,

Like many of you, I'm always looking for ways to stay ahead of the curve when it comes to new technology and trends. With the rapid pace of innovation in the AI space, it can be tough to keep up with all the latest developments and insights.

That's why I wanted to start a discussion about how we can future-proof our AI knowledge and stay ahead of the game. It doesn't matter who you are or how much passion you have for the topic/subject of AI, I'd love to hear how you're staying informed and up-to-date. Also, do let me know if AI is something you have not looked into it yet. 

Some questions to get the ball rolling:

• Is AI something you are familiar with or not yet?
  • What are your favorite resources for staying up-to-date on AI trends and news?
  • How do you balance learning about new AI topics while also focusing on your current work/studies?
  • Have you found any particular tools that work well for you?

Let's share our tips and tricks, and help each other stay on top of the ever-evolving AI landscape!

22 REPLIES 22
williamtcooper
Community Member

Hugo,

Great thread topic!

1. Expert

2. YouTube, Google News and Yahoo Financial News

3. I study one to two hours a days mostly from an AI Strategy point of view. Especially in relationship to the coming job displacements, ethics, job opportunities being formed, business, etc.

4. Jasper and ChatGPT-4

What about you?

Hi my name is Alexander am from Cameroon, this is my first time in a platform like this,l got no experience in online business. We be needing your help.

d_gebeyehu
Community Member

Hello Hugo,

My future-proofing would be like

-  I am working on it

- Youtube, and LinkedIn Ai based pages

- Studying anytime when I get the chance to look at

- Stable diffusion, Midjourney, and any design/video-based AI platforms.

Cheers.

Regards,
Daniel

Daniel,

Are you reading LinkedIn AI articles or using the Learning Center AI courses on LinkedIn?

Reading and following. Saw your article on the benefits of AI and Wl post. Sooner or later I will take the course when the one I want to take is available.

Regards,
Daniel

Daniel,

I have been writing for LinkedIn for a month (Invitation only) so I am not even familar with how they are promoting the articles. How did you locate the AI article that I contributed to? Thanks!

Because I was following you, I received a notification.

notification.jpg

Regards,
Daniel

Daniel,

Thanks for showing me that - I have never seen this message and was curious how LinkedIn was pushing out the contributions.

You are welcome, have a nice day.

Regards,
Daniel

Hi

mshahid538
Community Member

Hey everyone,

Excited to dive into this discussion! 😊

•  Is AI something you are familiar with or not yet?
    Personally, with a Masters in Computer Science focusing on AI, I've delved deep into this field. It's a fascinating journey of discovery and constant learning.
  • What are your favorite resources for staying up-to-date on AI trends and news?
    I find platforms like arXiv, Towards Data Science on Medium, and attending conferences like NeurIPS incredibly insightful. Engaging with the community on forums like Stack Overflow is also a valuable learning experience.
  • How do you balance learning about new AI topics while also focusing on your current work/studies?
    It's a delicate balance! I allocate specific time slots dedicated to learning. Integrating new concepts into ongoing projects helps reinforce understanding and practical application.
    Jupyter Notebooks for experimenting, TensorFlow and PyTorch for implementation, and staying connected with AI communities on LinkedIn have been immensely beneficial.

Looking forward to hearing your experiences and tips!
~M. Shahid

49254ba2
Community Member

Hi Everyone,

Greetings from my side! Happy to take part in this discussion:

1.  Is AI something you are familiar with or not yet?

As I am a doctorate in Chemistry, I am always keen to know about new AI-based software that could be incorporated into my research area. I am familiar with those software and want to explore more about AI.

2. What are your favorite resources for staying up-to-date on AI trends and news?

My favorite resources for staying up-to-date on AI  trends and news are online publications through research papers, national and international conferences, and many news outlets.

3. How do you balance learning about new AI topics while also focusing on your current work/studies?

Balancing learning and work/studies involves effective time management and prioritization. Setting aside dedicated time for learning and staying organized can help me to strike a balance.

4. Have you found any particular tools that work well for you?

I found chatgpt, Jasper, LinkedIn, and Google Scholar work well for me.

77bf6e2a
Community Member

Hey everyone,

Glad to be here and happy to add my perspective to this discussion! 

77bf6e2a_0-1702628179357.png

Yes, I am familiar with AI. The desire to learn more drove me to pursue an MBA program with a specialization in AI. It's been an exciting journey.
    I take free courses on deeplearning.AI and so many other programs like NVIDIA, Microsoft AI webinars, etc
    I try not to get too overwhelmed and learn when I can. Taking bite-sized classes, webinars or reading articles also help me to take it a day at time.
    NVIDIA's Nemo and Hugging face are truly useful. Have been used to train very impactful models in healthcare. I find all the Large language model chatbots useful and able to enhance productivity - chatgpt, Bing, Bard.

Looking forward to reading more tips from everyone!

d_loebl
Community Member

How do I future-proof AI knowledge? I focus on the bigger players and how I can use AI for my daily work. I follow OpenAI, Google and Microsoft, and I apply AI to my daily activities to test its effectiveness and evaluate its usefulness regularly. For example:
- Metrics evaluations
- Projection calculations
- Variations suggestions for data and content

For each individual task, I perform additional research, however, I find that using AI daily and understanding how it performs or doesn't allows me to me provide better advice to my clients every month.

1dacfff8
Community Member

Yes, I have been obsessed with AI and trying to self educate so I can get more comfortable with tech terms. 
    I subscribe and read mostly AI-related newsletters. Here are some of my favorites: 
AI Exchange      https://theaiexchange.com/
Everyday AI       https://youreverydayai.com/
AI Tool Report    https://aitoolreport.com/
Bagel Bots             https://bagelbots.com/
The Automated    https://www.theautomated.co/
Product Hunt       https://www.producthunt.com/
Nicole Leffer        https://nicoleleffer.com/

AI Breakfast       https://aibreakfast.beehiiv.com/

The Neuron        https://www.theneurondaily.com/
    My full time job right now is looking for full-time job. I am not faced with this at the moment. 
    ChatGPT 4 (worth $20 a month), Claude  
18fd8178
Community Member

As I am a certified appraiser /Valuer, always search for certified information online, and now I focus on how to get all the information from Engineering drawings such as DWG drawings using the AI, which means attache or uploading the DWG plans and getting the results information in PDF or Excel sheet, could anyone share his knowledge about that.

Absolutely! Future-proofing your knowledge in AI involves a few key
strategies. First, stay updated with the latest advancements, research
papers, and trends in the field by following reputable AI conferences,
journals, and online forums. Continuously expand your skills in machine
learning algorithms, deep learning frameworks, and programming languages
like Python. Also, consider specializing in a particular area within AI,
such as computer vision, natural language processing, or reinforcement
learning. Embrace hands-on projects and collaborations to apply your
knowledge practically. Lastly, cultivate a mindset of adaptability and
willingness to learn, as AI is a rapidly evolving field where flexibility
and curiosity are invaluable assets.
8fc6619f
Community Member

Hello everyone.
Thanks Hugo I share my point of view related to AI.

- Familiar as current information, but I do know about the subject from the answers I get from IA in any search engine.
- My favorite electronic is mobile, but I also use Tablet and Laptop.

- I still don't use it as a substitute tool, maybe I use it as a support.

- I have not tried it.

- I would like to talk about the law on AI regulation. Currently there is one under discussion in the EU and it is interesting to be  approved since they focus on privacy as an element of care in this wide world, where there are no limits with the information that is at hand to use it with diverse interests.

Greetings,

Aída

Aida,

YouTube videos are a great source for keeping current on the AI trends including EU laws.

bc615926
Community Member

Absolutely! Future-proofing AI knowledge is key.

Staying updated with industry trends, online courses, networking helps etc... 

0b681c2f
Community Member

Hi Hugo, how are you doing, I am currently studying data science and I have already seen Python topics, fundamentals of statistics, data manipulation and data visualization with Pandas and Matplotlib. There little by little we are advancing in the knowledge of data science.

15ae1315
Community Member

These questions are awesome.  As for me:

• Is AI something you are familiar with or not yet? - I started to dig deeper into this last year in June when OpenAI came out with ChatGpt.  I started learning both embedded and fine tuning which led me to learn to build a semantic search.  I actually I have a Youtube of this semantic search - https://youtu.be/bqaN50EkLoI.
  • What are your favorite resources for staying up-to-date on AI trends and news? -  different groups in LinkedIn and I am subscribed to AI related technology.
  • How do you balance learning about new AI topics while also focusing on your current work/studies? - I just make the time.  At least one hour a day.  I use ChatGpt a lot.  I learned a lot of the data analytics I have on my Youtube channel were all through ChatGpt prompt.
  • Have you found any particular tools that work well for you? ChatGpt is working well and I use some of POE.