🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Can I get rising talent badge after job succe...
Page options
528bbf23
Community Member

Is 30 days mandatory for rising talent badge even after completing other required criteria

Hello,I am a newbie to upwork joined this month (may 2020); completed my first job successfully and also passed the rising talent test with 5 score.when will the rising talent badge appear for new users .
Have a good day!!
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,540 REPLIES 1,540
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Syed Mutahir,

Rising Talent status is automatically applied to users whose profiles meet all of the requirements. You can have a look at this article about Becoming Rising Talent to see what the exact requirements are that you must meet to obtain a Rising Talent badge on your profile. Once the requirements are met, you'll be invited into the program automatically and receive the badge within 48 hours.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

hi there,
I am a freelancer for more than 2 years and have done all the relevant stuff i.e completed my profile, passed readiness test and have 100% sucess score.But still not getting any badge ?what could be the solution to it.

Hi Talha,

I checked your account, and I can confirm that the Top Rated badge is already showing on your profile. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

I have passed the Readiness Test successfully and also my Profile is 100% complete.

Meet all the Criteria

To qualify for a Rising Talent badge, you must:

• Pass the Upwork Readiness Test
  • Complete projects on time and as promised to clients
  • Maintain a 100% complete profile with accurate skills and genuine work
  • Keep your availability status up-to-date
  • Regularly submit proposals to projects that match your skillset
  • Adhere to the Upwork Terms of Service
  • Have been active in the past 90 days or joined in the past 30 days

Can somebody please help me with this?

Thanks a lot!

Hi Ayyub,

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Dear All,

Hello and Good day!

I would like to ask if is it possible to get a rising talent badge even though I have a history of 1 recent account hold? 😞

I have already done 2 projects. Thank you and hoping for your response.

Regards,

Joren G.

Hi Joren, 

The Rising Talent status is automaticallyassigned when you meet the criteria listed here. Once you qualify, you will receive a notification to let you know. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

It's been more than a month since I joined the upwork. I had completed a few jobs. And I matched all the criteria for the Upwork Rising Talent Badge. Still I don't get any updates for that. Can I get any help

Hi Gokul,

Once you meet the criteria listed here, you will be notified and the badge will be added to your profile. This is working as designed and we won't be able to share any specific information why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge.

~ Joanne
Upwork

That's why I asked for the help. So you can't do anything about it.

I passed the Upwork Readinless Test, completed 100% of my profile, and met the other requirements to obtain the Rising Talent badge. However, it's still not showing up on my profile. It says it takes 48 hours, but it's been a lot longer than that. Has anyone else had this problem? Am I missing something?

Hello Shelly,

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.

Thank you

Pradeep H

Upwork

I'm currently working on several projects with several clients. I have successfully completed jobs and they have excellent reviews. Also, I have 100% completed profile, and passed Upwork Readiness Test. Why didn't my profile recieve the rising talent badge yet? Is there something that I can do about it?

Hi Salma,

The Rising Talent badge is automatically assigned when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. Once you qualify for the badge, you will receive a notification letting you know and it will also reflect on your profile.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hello!

I recently received a rising talent badge, and now it turned to 100% JSS automatically. Here is my concern: now that my badge turned to JSS, does that mean I won't be able to get the benefits(10% reduced fee, live chat customer support, etc.) that the badge offers?

Thanks in advance.

Hello Sunghoon,

As you have enough work history on Upwork, your Rising Talent status was automatically replaced by a Job Success Score. You can now start working toward Top Rated status, however, you are no longer eligible for the Rising Talent benefits as you no longer have the badge.

Thank you

Pradeep H

Upwork

Hello Community!
I took the upwork readiness test and passed on sixth try, and i don't have any recent account hold, am i still eligible for the Rising Talent badge? Thank you so much in advance!

Hi Alyssa,

Once you meet the criteria listed here, you will be notified and the badge will be added to your profile. This process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge.

~ Joanne
Upwork
c858b560
Community Member

Hi Ms. Joanne, 
Thank you so much for answering, but I think my profile fit all the criterias for the Rising Talent badge, and I passed the test month ago but there's still no notification, can you help further with it? Thank you

Hi Alyssa,

Once you qualify, you will be automatically notified to let you know, and the badge will be added to your profile. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello,I have been on upwork since past 20-30 days, I have 100% JSS and I wanted to ask that Can I still get rising talent badge? I have completed more than 10 jobs in less than one month and I have meet all the requirements of rising talent badge, Can I get rising talent badge ?

Rizwan S wrote:

Hello,I have been on upwork since past 20-30 days, I have 100% JSS and I wanted to ask that Can I still get rising talent badge? I have completed more than 10 jobs in less than one month and I have meet all the requirements of rising talent badge, Can I get rising talent badge ?

No. You had many jobs so quickly that you were eligible for a JSS, so you skipped the  rising talent.

Rizwan S wrote:

It looks like you're already an established talent, so you can't be a rising talent at the same time. 🙂 If I were you, I would start to gradually raise my prices.

Hello,

I have Completed 3 Jobs, Completed my profile (100%), and Passed Readline Test with 5/5.

Got a 5* rating from my completed Jobs. What More I have to do to get a Rising talent Badge?

Hi Asif,

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

I have checked the Criteria and Requirements to get the Rising Talent Badge. I have done all of these and Maintained Upwork Rules. It would be good to know If I have missed any requirements.

How and when I can get the Rising Talent badge? As I have two clients and earned 600$+.1 Fixed price and one hourly. I am working with the same client for the last 30 days. but still not getting any badge.
Can you please help me out?

Hi Junaid,

While anyone without a Job Success score is eligible to participate in the Rising Talent program, there is no application process. New freelancers and agencies are added to the program when they qualify. Please visit this help article for more information about the requirements.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Hello! I have a question about the "rising talent" badge.

Can I get the Rising Talent badge after a 2-year vacuum on Upwork?

Hey, I joined Upwork last 2018, but I just completed one job.

I asked the community and they told me to improve my skills. So that is what I did in 2018 develop some skills while gaining work experience through some offline jobs. And also got the certification.

Once I feel confident enough and I try to work on Upwork again in January  2021, I polished my profile and upload my portfolio.

In my 1st week of working, here again, I got interviews then I landed 3 jobs successfully with 5 stars feedback from clients.

I just want to know that Is there any possibilities to get a Rising Talent badge on my account?

Or the Rising Talent badge can be received only by fresh accounts.?

P.s. I read a "Rising Talent" article from the Upwork help center. It says you need to have a 100% complete account. Be active in the last 90 days. Satisfy your clients. And other things.Nothing about old or new account issues.

Nurul I wrote:

I just want to know that Is there any possibilities to get a Rising Talent badge on my account?.

It's not impossible, but probably not likely.

You've done 4 contracts, so you'll get a Job Success Score after a few more (you need 4+, depending on size of contract, from at least 2 different clients within 24 months, so the one from 2018 is out of the window)

Thanks for your information.

Hope for the best.

Hello, can someone check my profile and see what's missing for the criteria of Risign Talent Badge? I'm not why I'm still not qualified for the badge.  Thank you. 

Hi Jesse,

Please know that the Rising Talent status is automatically applied to users whose profiles meet all of the requirements. You can have a look at this article about Becoming Rising Talent to see what the exact requirements are that you must meet to obtain a Rising Talent badge on your profile. Once the requirements are met, you'll be invited into the program automatically and receive the badge within 48 hours.

~ Nikola
Upwork

It says you can get a rising talent badge prior to completing your first project. How do you do this?

Hi Susan,

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge.

~ Joanne
Upwork

This does not make any sense. I have completed all of the requirements. I have been a designer for more than 30 years. I know I will create a lost of happy customers for both of us. I'm not sure what else I need to do.

Six days ago I recieved the "Congrats, you're a Rising Talent" email, and also saw it would take around two days for the badge to appear on my profile. However, its been almost a week, and I still don't see it. I've been submitting proposals to projects I've been invited too, and started/finished contracts since, is it possible I'm somehow no longer in the program, or does it just take a while to display?

It says I have a JSS of 100% from six jobs, I know JSS and RT are exclusive, but I don't know the specifics of it

Hi,

I can't view your profile. Is there any problem with your profile?

Joynul

Not that I know of. I can view my profile fine through the Upwork website, but not through here strangely. Here's a link if that helps:

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01a292cc7bcfb20f8e?viewMode=1&s=1110580763349733376

Hi Samuel,

Rising Talent program is designed for freelancers who don’t have their Job Success Score yet. Since you have received your Job Success Score you won’t be able to receive the Rising Talent Badge. You can start working toward receiving the Top Rated badge.

Happy working! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths