🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Direct Deposit To Bank In Canada
Page options
607d5dd1
Community Member

Direct Deposit To Bank In Canada

Hi there, 

I'm a new and excited member of the Upwork community specializing in Full-Stack Development. I just recently landed my first job and manage to get paid directly to my local bank in Toronto, Canada. My concern is that the current global exchange rate between USD/CAD is at a 7 year low and getting paid in CAD is really taking a big chunk out of my wallet. I noticed that Upwork pays everyone in USD which is awesome! My problem is when I setup the payment method, for a direct deposit to a local Canadian bank, it only allows payment in CAD. My bank has 2 separate accounts, a USD account as well as a CAD account. Is it possible to get paid direct deposit to my local bank in Canada but get paid in USD to my USD Canadian account? 

Sorry if I've rambled on... just coming back from a 2 week stint of Covid - must be a side effect haha

P.S. I'm now Covid free!

Cheers, 

Sallar

1 REPLY 1
JoanneP

Hi Sallar, 

If you prefer to receive your earnings in USD, you might want to consider using Wire transfer.  Wire transfers are a well-established way to make bank-to-bank funds transfers across international borders. You might also want to read this help article for more information. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths