Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding my Right Job Fit

manishp2015
Manish P Member Since: Oct 26, 2015
1 of 2

To All my Freelancing Friends,

I love working with Upwork. Since last October I have been seriously looking out jobs in data entry, financial planning, web research, virtual assistant and completed a couple of jobs with really great reviews. I do apply for jobs on other sites **edited for Community Guidelines**, but I must say Upwork is the best.

It has been a rollacoaster ride for me starting with number of rejections or no replies at the beginning. But as I went on,  I kept getting a few jobs, starting from $5, $10, $25, and on and on. Some clients kept coming back to me because of good service and availability. Those moments have been really awesome and made me feel more valuable. I kept learning more and more by doing the job, from reading others blog posts, reading motivational stories, videos, etc. All this that kept me occupied and it was challenging to try out new skills, educating myself. Also, I had a few bad days when I took jobs with skills which I was really poor at and had to decline it.

Now, I am trying to improve myself by getting to the next level, finding my niche, where I can provide more value to more clients. I think its more about one's mindset of how you take things, how you understand money, staying committed and maintaining the right attitude.

Have a Great Day! Smiley Happy

Regards,

Manish

yitwail
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
BEST ANSWER
2 of 2

Manish, well said. Many days, the negative posts outweigh the positive ones in quantity & intensity, so it was refreshing to read yours. I don't mean to belittle the critical posts, because there's always room for improvement, but I believe Upwork is here to stay, so it's up to freelancers and clients to adapt to Upwork. 

View solution in original post

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS