🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Help, Client isn't responding, Months of wait...
Page options
gomezyaiko
Community Member

Help, Client isn't responding, Months of waiting

How do I go about this situation without affecting my JSS, 90% success rate and this girl has been hanging over my head like a heavy weight ready to drop,. Ofcourse i'de rather finish the job and wait for her to respond but it's been literal months and I don't think it will happen, 

Details

fixed rate project

no payment has been done

has been unresponsive or bad with communication since we started talking

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Yaiko G wrote:

Details

fixed rate project

no payment has been done

has been unresponsive or bad with communication since we started talking

Have you done the work?

Yes - Submit for payment using the "Submit for Payment" function

No - Do the work, then submit for payment

Yaiko G wrote:

it's been literal months and I don't think it will happen, 

When did the contract start?

Contract started about a month ago because it's practically impossible to have a conversation with this person more than once a month, she had sent the footage for me to edit in february, ever since we have been talking every 3 weeks or every month. Hoping she would be able to respond and talk to me if i set up an appointment, she still hasn't responded to that. 

The reason why I haven't done the work yet is because the instructions weren't clear enough for me to finish the job. I've been waiting to discuss more. I'll submit work for payment soon, maybe it will notify her. 

If it has been a long time, and it appears as if the client is gone permanently, then I will submit the work.

If I was only able to do 75% of the work, I will submit a request for 75% of the payment.

But that kind of thing does not actually happen to me because I do not accept fixed-price contracts until I have all of the information that I need in order to complete the task.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members