🐈
Page options
johnson_andrea
Community Member

Help!!!

Hi Everyone

Have landed my first PA job here on Upwork, client has sent test first - all particulars contract etc. compled however I thought that the drafts for the tests would have been sent in .doc format but they have been sent in Pdf format  can someone please advise as to how I may edit these?

thank you 

Andrea

4 REPLIES 4
yitwail
Community Member

Did you try asking the client to send you .doc files instead? If the client cannot provide .doc files, then you’ll have to either obtain a pdf editor app or let the client know you cannot complete the job.

Client sent the files from a dropbox link we had not discussed format. and he has gone into a meeting.  only when i went to edit I realised the files were all in pdf format.  is there any work around for this.  i am on an interview test and I really would like to complete this

thanks Andrea

@Andrea J wrote:

i am on an interview test and I really would like to complete this

Andrea, do you even have a contract with this client? If you go to My Jobs, is it listed under Active Contracts? If not, the client is asking you to do free work, so don't do it.

Andrea, dealing with the unexpected file type may be part of the test.

Your basic desktop "toolkit" should include a PDF editor. Free versions offer basic functionality, and you can get one that likely does most or all of the things you'll ever need, for $30-40 probably.