🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » ID verification - Syria is not listed
Page options
JoanneP

Re: ID verification - Syria is not listed

Hi Hussein,

A member of our customer support team will reach out to you via email to assist you further. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
8 REPLIES 8
videdev
Community Member

Hello, can someone please talk to me?, i just need to know if the birth certificate is enough or not, i'm really disappointed cause if you mentioned from the beginning that ID is required to join the site and be a freelancer i wouldn't do it, now after spending days working, and got paid, i get this nice message "You need to verify your identity before you can withdraw your funds on Upwork"

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

I understand your frustration, Hussein. I checked your ticket, and our team has provided appropriate instruction about acceptable documents for your verification process. Please post required documents on your ticket, which you can find here, and our agent will follow up to guide you through the process and advise you directly about your concern. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Syria might have been mistakenly blocked as a possible place of birth as part of blocking current residents from using Upwork. Just a theory.

Screen Shot 2019-01-10 at 1.37.04 PM.png

videdev
Community Member

Hello
I'm a syrian but i live in lebanon, currently i'm trying to verfy my account and i have 2 issues:
- Syria is not listed in the dropdown menu when i try to select the id issue country.
- There is only one accepted, the passport, but i don't have that, i have birth certificate paper, i can't get the passport because of the war there.
i hope you consider my situation, thank you

1d508531
Community Member

im having the same problem can you help me please .

im syrian and i live in egypt .

Hi Amer,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the issue you are experiencing. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
352da3a3
Community Member

Hello, can anyone from the support team create a support ticket for me as well?
I have the same issue here, Syrian residing in Turkey.

Hi Mohamad,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths