🐈
» Groups » Customer Service & Admin Support Professionals » Forum » Re: LETS HAVE A FAIR GROUND FOR BOTH TOP RATE...
Page options
harithyy
Community Member

LETS HAVE A FAIR GROUND FOR BOTH TOP RATED AND NEW FREELANCERS

I have noticed that upwork has started categorising freelancers and favouring top rated freelancers as a new freelancer with a 100% complete profile I am here to build my career and deliver quality work to my clients some of us have quit jobs to focus on freelancing which we have passion by denying us the chance you are messing us and at the end of the day upwork is growing and more jobs are being posted.Imagine a situation where all top rated freelancers are occupied and there is no one to deliver please lets have a fair share.
11 REPLIES 11
maheshajwani
Community Member

I think you have a bigger problem than top rated freelancers, I have no idea how your JSS is 11% after 2 jobs as far as I know  freelancers get their Job success score after 4 or 5 jobs.

Smiley Surprised

@ Harith -- How can your time be 7 hours ahead of mine if you are in Boston, Massachusetts? Last time I checked, I resided in the state of Massachusetts, and we had only a single time zone. I do not believe that you live in Boston. I am skeptical about the idea that you graduated from Boston University with honors. By the way--an American University does not award "first class honors." You would graduate "cum laude," "magna cum laude," or "summa cum laude." Do you want to consider fixing that faked profile of yours?

@Mahesh A wrote:

I think you have a bigger problem than top rated freelancers, I have no idea how your JSS is 11% after 2 jobs as far as I know  freelancers get their Job success score after 4 or 5 jobs.

Smiley Surprised

ouch. that means he refunded and isn't doing very well here.

OP you have a bigger problem. Upwork is going to kill your account soon enough. 

jmlaidlaw
Community Member

Harith -- I would have more respect for your plea if your Profile were accurate. It is "unfair" and misleading of you to have your English language level set at "native or bilingual." Your post above demonstrates clearly that you do not have a native/bilingual mastery of English.

Understand that I am neither Top-Rated nor Rising Talent. I do not even have a JSS score. and I believe that I may be missing out on some jobs because of that; I am therefore naturally inclined to be somewhat sympathetic to your overall position. However, I do present myself honestly.

You are missing a point,my time difference does not need to worry you a freelancer can work from any part of the world.I am from Boston but currently am persuing something diffrent across the globe.

Harith -- You are missing a point. I have read your messages. I have read your Profile. I can spot a fake. You are a fake. You are clearly not a native speaker of English (lie #1). You did not graduate from an American university (lie #2). (Even if you had graduated from a prestigious school such as Boston University, your weak command of English would likely have precluded your having graduated with any honors--let alone whatever level it is that you believe corresponds with "first class honors.") As a graduate of an American college who is a legitimate honors graduate, I can assure you that those of us who work hard to earn honors are KEENLY aware of the exact wording and designation we earn. We know by heart the phrasing. From my freshman year onward, I knew that I intended to graduate "summa cum laude." Only four students in my entire college class did so, and I assure you that we each speak and write the English language with exceptional precision. While it is certainly possible to graduate with honors without speaking perfect English, I challenge you to post a photo of yourself at your Boston University graduation, as well as a photograph of your "honors" diploma from that august university.

I dont understand why you were not awarded JSS till now, it should have been awarded after 8 jobs for sure and from your ratings you should also have Risng Talent by now.

@Naveen --

Thank you for noticing! Honestly, it's a mystery to me, too.

I actually did have the "Rising Talent" badge for about two days. The designation appeared without any notice, and then it disappeared. During that small window of time, I didn’t begin or end any contracts or jobs, and no new feedback appeared. Nothing at all had changed, except that I had sent in a few proposals and I had improved a couple of test scores. I speak about this strange sequence of events in detail, in a different forum thread, but it's probably not useful to go over that ground again here. (Feel free to look it up!)

Anyway -- thanks for noticing and for confirming my own befuddlement and mystification, Naveen.

Good luck to you in your own job searches. Sounds as if you are doing well!

jmlaidlaw
Community Member

@Harith J wrote:
I have noticed that upwork has started categorising freelancers and favouring top rated freelancers...

Funny... I am a certified teacher of English in Massachusetts. I hadn't noticed when the Commonwealth switched from American to English spelling. Are you claiming to have spent your entire life in Boston/the U.S.? When did Massachusetts schools pick up the British spellings "categoriSing" and "favoUring" ?

Your Profile lists your only "native/bilingual" language as English... an obvious prevarication. You do not list any other "native/bilingual" languages, so are you actually pretending that you are a U.S. native? Your Profile is a sham.

krishnan-naveen
Community Member

Harith, I think its more due to your job success score, the first think a client see when they look at proposals is the job success score and with 11%, I don't think anyone would even bother to check what you have written.

It is not that hard to get a job as a biginner, if you are serious about it but you need to be quick and creative when you write your proposal and do not use scripts.

I am also a newbie in Upwork, not even a month old and have managed to get 4 jobs, 1 completed and 3 in pipeline. 

I have seen how our proposal appear for clients, the ones with experience will have Recommended tag so its tough in the initial period but once that is passed you will also have these advantages provided we do the job assigned exceptionally well.

Naveen Woman Happy

LP726-Pat-of-Butter-p.jpg