🐈
Page options
bacon_harold
Community Member

Make a group

I'm a freelancer and I have an idea which I believe could help freelancers earn more than they are earning now? Is it possible to work with another freelancer?

My idea was:

Share/teach me about your skill then after that find me a client.  Then I'll share with you a percentage of my earning. 

5 REPLIES 5
alien221
Community Member

I'd be up for that. Not sure what Upwork would have to say about it. But if they are okay with it, then I am too.

stencil_media
Community Member

Surely somebody who has this skill already, would be better spending their time finding a job and a completing it themselves... rather than teaching you to do a job, finding a job and then you completing it?

What if you do a bad job for this client I've sourced for you? That could jeopardize my relationship with potential clients moving forward. I mean, I'm assuming you'd want me to get the job through my account? You could have the best teacher in the world, but if it's your first time 'in the field', you're not exactly going to provide masterful work. 

Yes, helping people is great, and teaching is a noble cause, but I don't think Upwork is really the place for such things. Unless you posted this as a project, to hire a teacher at the going rate. That's just the way I see it. Others might think differently. 

"Welcome, humans. I'm ready for you!"
- Box, Logan's Run (1976)

You may be right. But my goal is to contribute an extra income to the freelancer. Let's say you're currently working with a client. And you have another client that needs a project done. So why not let me help you instead of letting the client wait? In that way you could finish multiple projects at a time.And whatever rate the client would give for that project we will share it. Lets say for example the client's rate is $100. Then we agreed that the 25% of that $100 will become yours or mine.

And another thing, why would you give me a project which you know could ruin your relationship with your client? Why not give me first easy projects that could help me enhance my skills? 

Maybe this way we could help those people who also wants to earn online. 

@Harold B wrote:

You may be right. But my goal is to contribute an extra income to the freelancer. Let's say you're currently working with a client. And you have another client that needs a project done. So why not let me help you instead of letting the client wait? In that way you could finish multiple projects at a time.And whatever rate the client would give for that project we will share it. Lets say for example the client's rate is $100. Then we agreed that the 25% of that $100 will become yours or mine.

And another thing, why would you give me a project which you know could ruin your relationship with your client? Why not give me first easy projects that could help me enhance my skills? 

Maybe this way we could help those people who also wants to earn online. 

lol yeah, no.

VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Harold,

Please note that while creating or working as part of an Agency is in line with our ToS, only freelancers/Agency contractors that are hired by the client are allowed to work on a contract. Transitioning work to a different party without explicitly discussing it with the client, who would need to hire the other freelancer, is a serious violation that could lead to account suspension.

You can find more information about joining and working for an agency in a guide Lena posted and in the following threads: here and here.

~ Vladimir
Upwork