🐈
» Groups » Customer Service & Admin Support Professionals » Forum » Medical Transcription Work
Page options
juliemanning07
Community Member

Medical Transcription Work

Hello Team Members,

I am a semi retired nurse looking for 'medical transcription' work.  I am in the UK and would like to put my 'touch' typing skills to good use.

I am general and psychiatric trained which I can rely upon heavily when transcribing from audio tapes.

I would appreciate it if you could tell me if I am in the right place for this sort of work?

Kind regards

Julie

3 REPLIES 3
jasenka_a
Community Member

Sure, there is work, but be prepared to work for low rates and short deadlines. 

The transcription field in which I'm also, is oversaturated and mostly contractors are companies that are looking for cheap labor. Even regular, everday clients know they can get work done at a lower price. 

It's not that it can't be done, but you will need patience to build up a portofilo here. It helps that you're from an English speaking country. 

Just a general query. Do these companies hire freelancers like us as well and how can one get in touch with them? 

Hi Abraham,

In general, yes there are still clients who hire for this type of project. You may want to try using advanced search techniques in order to look for job posts specific to your experience and expertise. In order to get in touch with clients, you would have to submit a proposal to their job post. There's no guarantee that they will respond as clients have sole discretion as to whom they will interview, and hire. They also consider a lot of options such as related skills of the freelancers that will match their projects, budget, freelancers' experience, etc.

You may want to also check this article to read about tips on creating proposals that win jobs.

~ AJ
Upwork