🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » New Payment methods
Page options
e361fda1
Community Member

New Payment methods

Hey there,
Just inquiring if upwork intends to add mobile payment methods for my location (Uganda). A large percentage of our population find it easier to transact via mobile(mobile money) payments.
One of our telecom providers has an API and it would be good if you consider adding this as a payment option in the future just like Mpesa is for Kenya.
Thanks, Stephen

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Thank you for your feedback, Stephen, I will share it with our team.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Thank you for your feedback, Stephen, I will share it with our team.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks Goran, I look forward to using it in the future. Specifically its called the MoMo API by MTN Uganda. (sorry I forgot and shared an external link instead)

Hi everyone,
I think upwork should add other payment methods like mobile money.

Can you please help me to fix this problem... i face this everytime. i can not add my card why?

Hi Mushtaq,

I'm sorry to hear about the problem you are having. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello, it's been a few years since @goran said he would share the suggestion of adding mobile payment methods for our location (Uganda since a large percentage of our population find it easier to transact via mobile (mobile money) payments. One of our telecom providers has an API and it would be good if you consider adding this as a payment option in just like Mpesa is for Kenya.

Is there any update on it, is the platform planning to? It would make a big difference in how enthusiastic freelancers from Uganda are about using the platform since accessing funds would be easier.

The current methods are not that convenient and come with loss of a significant portion of earnings during the withdrawal process. I'm not talking about the $30 charge only, a lot more is lost when we use the direct to bank method and getting a Pioneer account is not easy (I tried and failed 3 times).

Please respond.

Hi Innocent,

I'm afraid we currently don't have an update to share regarding the original suggestion. I'll be happy to flag it to the team again for consideration but know that we won't be able to share specifics if this would be implemented in the future. Thanks again for your feedback!

~ Luiggi
Upwork
thewas
Community Member

Hello, how will we know you actually submitted it for consideration and something was done about things if there are no specifics shared?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths