Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Not Getting Jobs on Upwork !!!

Highlighted
MD Morshedul A Member Since: Aug 5, 2015
1 of 26

Hi,

I am new on upwork. I have been using upwork for last 1/2 week. I have applied some virtual assistant / data entry / excel related jobs. But I haven't got any interview invitations or messages from clients. I do not know whether there is something wrong with my profile or not. Do I need to add any video of myself expressing my interests and skills on Upwork profile in order to enhance the acceptability? Will it add any value?

Is there anyone who can have a look at my profile and tell me whether it is okay or not? Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance !

Highlighted
Community Guru
Delwar H Member Since: Jan 30, 2015
2 of 26

Hi Morshedul , 

I think you need to rewrite your profile overview first . Highlighting your professional skills ( not an MBA ) and what service you can offer to a potential client . Your test scores are amazing though . 

I am not an expert , just my two cents . Probably experienced and experts , possibly forums moderator will guide you better . 

Happy UpWorking ... !

Highlighted
3 of 26

Hi Delwar,

Thanks for your suggestion. I also have the same thought. I will modify it later. Let's see what experts say.

Highlighted
Community Leader
Michael Z Member Since: Jul 19, 2015
4 of 26

Hey there,

Welcome to upwork. 

I looked at your profile...pleases write things yourself.  I checked yourprofile and googled the sentence:

"Throughout my career, I have maintained the highest performance standards within a diverse range "

I found the exact sentence on another site. This site was titled "cover letter samples"

When writing your profile, you want to stand out. You don't want to be jost another Joe. The sentences you used are very common, clients can see this. Be creative and original. That's how you make your profile stand out.

I certainly do hope you're not doing this with cover letters when applying to a job. Every job you apply to, there's a bunch of people that do the same thing. Clients can see this, they will notice it. And most (if not all) clients will refrain from hiring someone that cannot write their own cover letter. I know I wouldn't, would you?

Highlighted
5 of 26

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your response. I really haven't got much time to write the overview perfectly since I have opened my account last week. I will make the change asap.

Highlighted
Beatriz R Member Since: Aug 5, 2015
6 of 26

I am going through the same Issue as you.
I've tried (while still working at Elance) several times to get noticed here at Upwork with no luck.

The first week of becoming Top Rated I was receiving 3-4 invitations a day, (none of interest to me) this lasted 1 week period.

I understand this is a new platform and I have to start from 0.

I've never felt so discourage in 7+ years of working as a freelancer.

I just hope to get some projects here, Soon! before Elance dissapears.

Good luck to you.

Highlighted
7 of 26

Hi Beatriz,

You can transfer your elance account to upwork. They will send you an invitation. If you accept that, the process will begin. Till then keep trying on upwork.

Highlighted
Community Leader
Michael Z Member Since: Jul 19, 2015
8 of 26

I just checked your profile Beatriz. 

It's very...plain - I don't know much about the field you're working in, but maybe adding a bit more will increase your chances of landing a job.

Highlighted
Anuradha V Member Since: Aug 23, 2015
9 of 26

I am also new on here, but your post is really worrying for me as you mentioned you've seven years of experience with Elance but not getting any interviews on Upwork. I've sent proposals for at least 25 jobs since last three weeks but haven't received any interview invitations.  I've been constantly trying to tweak my profile, and have taken bunch of tests but no luck so far.

Highlighted
Amira G Member Since: Sep 5, 2015
10 of 26

If you please , look at my profile and help me to improve it , I`m new an neeed your help to get job 

Amaira_gamal
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS