🐈
» Groups » Customer Service & Admin Support Professionals » Forum » Re: Rate for Landing a Job in Data Entry
Page options
joynessa
Community Member

Rate for Landing a Job in Data Entry

Hi

I'm just wondering how quick it is to land a job for data entry proejcts, do you have any idea? Does anyone get hired for this kind of job in upwork given that this is a basic skill? 

Sorry if my questions sound silly, I am new in upwork. I have applied loads of data entry projects yesterday but none respond.

Thanks for your anticipated inputs.

Rgds!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
dataextract
Community Member

It is all depends upon the clients who posts the job.

Even Upwork also cannot able to assure that how soon you will get a job.

Keep trying and keep on trying.

All the very best.

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
dataextract
Community Member

It is all depends upon the clients who posts the job.

Even Upwork also cannot able to assure that how soon you will get a job.

Keep trying and keep on trying.

All the very best.

Thank you K R!

At least, somehow, I can see a light in your answer 🙂 It may not be a guarantee but it shows a chance.

I also read some posts regarding high rating clients, might as well use the connects to them rather than others. 

Cheers!

Hi

How to get a data entry job on this site please tell me 

Hi Mahesh,

You will need to register as freelancer and fill out the application that is presented to you and submit your profile for a review.
Once our team has finished the review on your application they will let you know if you were accepted or not.

~ Goran
Upwork
b20842e8
Community Member

im too new in upwork,and i don't know how it work exactelly. every things seems hard in beginning

Hi Mokhtar,

I find it difficult as well, knowing that our profile does not show job success rate, upwork hours, and other requirements that some clients need. Anyway, as K R advised, let us just keep trying and keep on trying 🙂 

With regards to how upwork works, I don't know exactly as well. I am eagier to get at least one client for me to work on so I could experience how this actually works. But, probably it would be good as well to post a forum topic asking the upwork members with regards to your queries. Do you want to give it a try?

Good luck to us! Let's just hope for the best!

Cheers!

I'm in the same boat as you and the rest of us. I just keep trying and applying but to no avail. The best I can do is just that along with doing free online courses that I do on youtube. There are many tutorials out there and have have at least 3 to thank for indepth knowledge of MS Excel.

I think I'll working with tutorials for the rest of the MS OFfice group ince i rarely use them.

Please go through all the instructions and ask any doubts here specifically.

https://www.upwork.com/blog/2013/01/your-go-to-guide-to-working-on-odesk-introducing-the-new-odesk-c...

This is a step-by-step guide which can help you.

You are very well known person

Thank you M R! You helped me a lot!

And good news! I got a message from a client! Sadly, I was on my full time job when she sent the message.  I just hope she will message me again. Better luck next time for me!

manishp2015
Community Member

Hi,

I do know getting jobs in data entry is tough as all new freelancers apply for those jobs, including me. So, instead of getting bogged down, just start practising or doing the job posted as a mock test, create samples and add them to your portfolio. You do not know what you will learn and different opportunities will land up to you. With this I learnt a number of things on excel, learnt to write simple code on VBA to automate stuff, web scrapping, email marketing, creating a database on excel and access, make use of formulas and design a simple accounting software,  etc etc which will upgrade you and win better prospects.

Keep applying for jobs regularly. You can try in other areas like Virtual Assistant, Data Analytics, Financial Planning, etc as per your niche. These too have data entry work to be done.

Do not loose heart and stick on with it. I saw a lot of freelance artists create a drawing or sketch everyday and upload on their blog or a design site so someone will notice them, appreciate their talents, hire them, give them projects and so on. I myself hired a freelance designer for a book cover.

I am trying to learn some data analytics this year as the subject is new to me. So keep exploring, keep learning and applying. All the best!

Thanks,

Manish

Thank you Manish!

I like the idea of yours regarding learning more in access and VBA in excel! Have not done that before. I am more into graphical reports and statistics analysis, excel formula for complex data extracted from databases in manufacturing (I am working as quality staff now). 

Anyway, thank you for your tips. I will be looking forward to connect with other freelancers, learn more and get a job online. It seems pretty interesting.

Cheers!

Hi Manish,

I am also a new freelancer trying to win a bid of data entry.

Thanks for your tips.I won't loose hope and try to win my first project.

Inspired by  idea of adding portfolio.

Thanks,

Satya priya

@Manish P wrote:

Hi,

I do know getting jobs in data entry is tough as all new freelancers apply for those jobs, including me. So, instead of getting bogged down, just start practising or doing the job posted as a mock test, create samples and add them to your portfolio. You do not know what you will learn and different opportunities will land up to you. With this I learnt a number of things on excel, learnt to write simple code on VBA to automate stuff, web scrapping, email marketing, creating a database on excel and access, make use of formulas and design a simple accounting software,  etc etc which will upgrade you and win better prospects.

Keep applying for jobs regularly. You can try in other areas like Virtual Assistant, Data Analytics, Financial Planning, etc as per your niche. These too have data entry work to be done.

Do not loose heart and stick on with it. I saw a lot of freelance artists create a drawing or sketch everyday and upload on their blog or a design site so someone will notice them, appreciate their talents, hire them, give them projects and so on. I myself hired a freelance designer for a book cover.

I am trying to learn some data analytics this year as the subject is new to me. So keep exploring, keep learning and applying. All the best!

Thanks,

Manish

hodgesh
Community Member

It's not easy to get a job in Data Entry because a lot of other people on Upwork work in that field.

Try to focus on your more specialized skills such as Adobe and Microsoft software. If you haven't taken them already, take the tests for Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Visio. Don't make the results visible on your profile unless you score well.

Add some work samples to you portfolio.

Your title should be Quality/Data Professional. No spaces around the slash.

joynessa
Community Member

Thank you Heaven! That's a great feedback 🙂

Hahahah! I showed my result in English test even if it was just above average 😄 That's the ony test I took - first time test! Anyway, I will do your advices bit by bit (I am only free on weekends).

Cheers!

Heaven is right, try other skills and take some related test skills. Make it atleast Top 30% or much better Top 10%. Good Luck! 🙂

Thank you Heaven for the advice. Nice name by the way. I think a title change is a great idea! I do have other questions but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. 

angelina_john
Community Member

Hello Joy,

to my own idea, you need to let your profile overview look good and great. Also, you need to create good portfolio of your past work on what you've done on data entry service.
You need to know that once you send a proposal to a client, you can't expect the client to message you instantly, you need to keep send proposals to other clients.
Also, it depends on how many minutes you spend on sending a proposal. In your proposal, you need to let your proposal contains experience of your work, samples of past work and make sure to include what to include in your project when submitting it.

That's it.

0c31f4c4
Community Member

Do not post as usual proposals,Please try to make sure that you are posting right job you can work,skills matched,than buyer/cleint will visit your profile,Please check you stats always after proposals giving.

e845de80
Community Member

Hi

Please I need help on how to land my first job at least on Upwork.

I've been on Upwork for more than 5 months, and have applied to about 4 projects, yet no job.

Please what should I do?