🐈
» Groups » Customer Service & Admin Support Professionals » Forum » Re: TECH HELP - Canadian Virtual Assistant fo...
Page options
emmamcarthur
Community Member

TECH HELP - Canadian Virtual Assistant for U.S. Business Calling Clients Help

Hi I am a virtual assistant but I need technical help which is why I am posting in the programming forum!

I just got a contract for a U.S. based business and I live in Ottawa, Canada. I need to be able to make calls to their clients, preferably from a number they would recognize. The studio uses Google Voice for their main line, which is not available in Canada. I have installed a VPN that allows me to use Google Voice, however you need a US phone number to call from, otherwise you can call from Google Hangouts, but it shows up as No Caller ID. The client has her own # hooked up, but then everytime I call a client she has to answer a call on her cell. Is there anyway to install a sort of VPN on my iPhone 6s to allow me to download Google Voice, or to mask my caller ID? 

Ideally I would be able to call her clients and have the Studio # show up, or at least an IL # so that they actually pick up the phone. Anyone have any idea how we could go about this? I am new to being a Virtual Assistant, and Google Voice. 

Thanks a lot. 

8 REPLIES 8
bobafett999
Community Member

@Emma M wrote:

Hi I am a virtual assistant but I need technical help which is why I am posting in the programming forum!

I just got a contract for a U.S. based business and I live in Ottawa, Canada. I need to be able to make calls to their clients, preferably from a number they would recognize. The studio uses Google Voice for their main line, which is not available in Canada. I have installed a VPN that allows me to use Google Voice, however you need a US phone number to call from, otherwise you can call from Google Hangouts, but it shows up as No Caller ID. The client has her own # hooked up, but then everytime I call a client she has to answer a call on her cell. Is there anyway to install a sort of VPN on my iPhone 6s to allow me to download Google Voice, or to mask my caller ID? 

Ideally I would be able to call her clients and have the Studio # show up, or at least an IL # so that they actually pick up the phone. Anyone have any idea how we could go about this? I am new to being a Virtual Assistant, and Google Voice. 

Thanks a lot. 

Most people will not answer the call unless there is a name associated with that and if they recognize the name.  Are you in a junk calling business?  I get at least 10 calls from various cities in US.  The caller ID would say 'Call from Atlanta, GA', Chicago, IL'....

Did you even read my post? Please don't waste my time if you don't have a solution. 

@Emma M wrote:

Did you even read my post? . 

Yes I read your post.  Didn't you write you want a number people in US would recognize? Whenever someone says they want to call to people from a number they would recognize 99% of the time it is a junk call.  You went even further and wrote,"...Studio # show up, or at least an IL # so that they actually pick up the phone."

I clearly stated that I work for a STUDIO with CLIENTS to contact. Go make accusations somewhere else. You have nothing to contribute here and you are wasting my time. 

ahamedestiak
Community Member

If you already have a US phone number where you can receive a phone call or a text message (not a Google Voice number) then you can skip this step. ... Voxox is a service that will give you a US based number for free and will forward any calls or texts from that number to your email or to a Canadian phone number

Dear Emma! please read this artical...
Set up Google Voice in Canada – Free Long Distance

Thank you very much for your help! I will try that. 

I usually use Skype, purchase a number of your ideal location in US (any state/city) and that number will reflect on the caller ID of the client/customer you are calling to. You also can receive calls on that number at your skype.

Yes, that is true use skype.