🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Using VPS
Page options
anton_mamedov
Community Member

Using VPS

Hello, I am interested in several questions. Can I use a VPS? VPS with a permanent ip in Moscow, I myself am from Moscow and can provide documents. Using, VPS violates Upwork rules?

9 REPLIES 9
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Anton,

Could you please clarify if you're referring to VPS, as in a service to host your website? Or are you referring to using a VPN while working on Upwork?

~ Valeria
Upwork

Good catch on Valeria's part. The original poster used the wrong abbreviation. He meant "VPN."

VPS = Virtual Private Server

VPN = Virtual Private Network.

Lots of freelancers ask if they may use VPN.

There are no Upwork rules prohibiting using VPN.

I have never seen anybody ask if they can use "VPS".

But that, too, is not a violation of any Upwork rules.

Hi, Preston, I meant to transfer my account to a remote server and log into my account on a remote server. Can I do this?

Hi, Valeria, I meant to transfer my account to a remote server and log into my account on a remote server. Can I do this?

re: "I meant to transfer my account to a remote server and log into my account on a remote server. Can I do this?"

Yes.

Thank you,  maybe soon i will rent a server

Anton's profile is blocked because he used VPS.    Can you still say "Yes"?

Hi Patricia, 

We won't be able to discuss a status of another person's account here in the Community. In general, there are a number of reasons why a profile may no longer be available for others to view publicly. 

Upwork TOS doesn't prohibit the use of VPS.

~ Valeria
Upwork
alexeev-nikita23
Community Member

Hello everyone, listen, who uses VPS? I want to transfer my account to a VPS and which one is better to use for stable work?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths