🐈
» Groups » Customer Service & Admin Support Professionals » Forum » Re: What Keeps Me Going?
Page options
arleen11
Community Member

What Keeps Me Going?

I love my job as a customer service representative in a Business Process Outsourcing company. I started working when I was 18 years old earning $300 a month. Now I'm 25 years old currently unemployed because I have to stay home with my daughter. Good thing I found Upwork and now I can continue my passion to work. 

I created an account, took some tests and sent proposals to jobs that fits my skills but I still have no interview.

What keeps me going? 

Understanding the process - The competition is tough. There will be job posts that needs 1 freelancer but the proposals are like 200 plus. We newbies just have to keep trying and keep those proposal sending as long as it fits your skill. 

* Positive Attitude I got my first declined proposal 3 days ago. I got declined because they found the one for the job ( they need one freelancer only) but that did not bring me down. Keep in mind that being declined does not mean that you're not good enough. I was like " Well, I still have 12 proposals "

* Utilize Time - Since I have no client, I have time for everything. I used my free time taking tests and reading tips from the experts here in Upwork. It's a win win situation. Taking tests and reading tips improved my profile and  kept me busy to stop me from worrying about getting a job.

I hope this will help newbies like me. Those Upwork experts have been to this situation as well. They've been a newbie too, they just kept moving forward the reason why they are successful. Thanks for your time reading through Smiley Very Happy

More Success to all of us and to Upwork!

-Arleen R.

10 REPLIES 10
darthcoder
Community Member

Good for you, Arleen! Keep on improving. You'll soon have your break.

----------------------------------------D======
Come to the dork side... we have candies.

Thanks Cody 🙂

fluentinspanish
Community Member

Arleen, I admire your spirit! Keep at it and all the best Smiley Happy

altheasagayno
Community Member

You have a pretty great attitude I am sure you'll land a contract anytime soon, hang in there! 🙂

arleen11
Community Member

Thank you everyone 🙂 
Good news.. I have my first job here in Upwork 🙂 

More success to all of us !

CongratsWoman Happy

Thank you HeartSmiley Happy

manishp2015
Community Member

Thanks Arleen, your article installs confidence to all newcomers.. Remember, sportspersons prepare really hard everyday to get their final break at a tournament.

inishia
Community Member

Thanks Arleen, your article is very encouraging. I'm a newbie, very very new. I needed this.
arleen11
Community Member

Thank you Gizzelle, This post is really meant to encourage newbies and I'm happy that this post reached you. I hope you get your first job soon. 🙂