cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is my profile not visable to clients?

Bret V Member Since: Jul 21, 2019
1 of 3

I'll say it again, I think the site is a scam, and the only profiles or proposals you show are those of paying members, regardless of how much they've spent on contacts.

Community Guru
Michael S Member Since: Aug 29, 2017
2 of 3

If you send a proposal, it's visible to the client it's sent to, along with your profile.

If you haven't earned anything in the past 30 days, your profile is hidden from search results, nothing more. But it's a simple matter of a couple clicks to have customer support change it back to being visible.

There are many places Upwork has issues, but you're barking up the wrong tree with this one. Perhaps do some reading before making wild accusations?

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3 of 3

Bret V wrote:

I'll say it again, I think the site is a scam, and the only profiles or proposals you show are those of paying members, regardless of how much they've spent on contacts.

Nonsense does not become any more true if you "say it again."

Your profile is visible, just in among tens of thousands of others. Whether people pay for membership or not has no impact on search results. Appropriate filters do find you.

You are in a seriously crowded category. It takes time and effort to start standing out.

You may want to rethink your profile, and especially your portfolio. 

Do you have some more varied (and preferably less overprocessed) shots that are more geared to what clients are actually looking to hire for in your category?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS