cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cover letter

Raymond D Member Since: Mar 6, 2017
11 of 27

Sometimes, I found the client's name in their feedbacks but if none I still used "Hiring Manager" just to address them properly.

Bashir A Member Since: Feb 21, 2017
12 of 27

you can look at clients feedback to know the name.

Bashir
Mazhar H Member Since: Nov 20, 2017
13 of 27

The better approach is to view the client's job history. There sometimes you can find the name of the client.
For example when freelancer ends the contract he will give the feedback like this "Thanks Jhon, Nice to work with you."
I can moslty find the name of clients by viewing the job history.

You can start your cover letter by just "Hello" and then write the proposal if you don't know the client's name and gender. "Dear Client" is also good to use for the client who are new at upwork and don't have any job history.

It always works for me. I can almost get 7 jobs out of 10 by using this method.

May this helps you.

Thanks.

Mazhar.

Sufwan M Member Since: Dec 22, 2018
14 of 27

its possible to know the name of client before applying to any job, just view in full page job posting and then check his/her reviews to freelancer and freelancer gives also review about client and their response so they call client by their name in the review. i hope it will help you in your nect job proposals.

Md Ibbrahim H Member Since: Sep 4, 2015
15 of 27

Hi , thanks . I learn it .

Ace Contributor
Anna K Member Since: Dec 29, 2016
16 of 27

I usually search for previous feedback to the client. In most cases freelancers mention the client's name (first at least) in their comments (like "Anna was a this and that client") and that is my way of sourcing the recipient. When no results are returned, I stick with "To whom it may concern" which is quite more formal than "Dear Sir/Madam" but I like it better. 

Just my 2 cents

Wesley S Member Since: Jan 22, 2012
17 of 27

I alway use "Dear Hiring Manager" and I've never had any issues. 

Ace Contributor
Jerry A Member Since: Mar 6, 2017
18 of 27

Creating better freelancer

By: Jerry Alden 

Md Ibbrahim H,

This example of a cover letter was great read. For three days I have been thinking on how I can type and write a more effective cover letter. Now I have three bullets from your post, so thank you for your skills and I will remember you when I become successful in the freelancing business. 

Bakhtier P Member Since: Oct 11, 2017
19 of 27

A good example to get the idea for a winning proposal.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
20 of 27

Bakhtier:

That is not how this works. We can't send you a cover letter for you to copy and paste and send to clients. That is spam.

Each cover letter should be unique, written by you, to explain how you will help the client with that particular job.

The topic of cover letters has been discussed  extensively in the Forum. Do a search and read some of the threads that are available.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS