🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: faced issue in buying connects, now showi...
Page options
samiemalick
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve he issue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. In general, these issues occur when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4,439 REPLIES 4,439

Membership transfer issue

Hi Shahidul,

Could you please do the following steps, and then retry adding your billing method? 

1. Pop up blocker is off
  2. Have the latest version of Chrome or any of the supported browsers

If the issue persists, please let us know. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Moderator Marie,

Our local bank provides BDT currency, Can we add this money??

Hi Shahidul,

In order to be able to purchase Connects you will need to add one of our accepted Billing methods. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I am not able to add my american express credit card with my upwork account. I want to buy some connects.

Hi Naman,

Was there an error message when you tried to add your credit card? 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Changing membership is facing attached message

Hi Shahidul,

Thanks for following up. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
bsbond
Community Member

Hi there,

I am relatively new to Upwork and I want to apply to job posts. I connected my Paypal account but unable to purchase connects. Please help. 

Thanks, 

Seema

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Seema,

Could you please confirm if you`re receiving any errors on your end? If yes, please share the text of the error here, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have received the following message:Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later.
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Seema,

Please check with your bank if your account is enabled for international charges. In the meantime, you can also try to add another Billing Method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Same thing with me, i want to buy connects but i can't. I'm using Visa Cad and i am from Nigeria

Hi Peters,

Thanks for reaching out to us. You need to check with your bank for more information on why the specific charge was declined and if your account is enabled for international charges. You may also want to check out this help article to learn more about acceptable billing methods for purchasing Connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

HI , 

I tried to purchase connects today . After i key in my visa card details. it goes to a blankscreen . I have log out and back in and restart and still the same issue . 

Anything else i can try ?

Hi Shamita,

Could you please try to clear your cache and cookies or use a different browser? If you are still unable to add your billing method, please let us know. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

I have cleared catch and cookies but still unable to add billing . Attached is the screen shot after I key in my card details.

[cid:image001.jpg@01D6BEB3.CAACBD30]

Hi Shamita,

Thanks for following up. I shared your issue with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I have received the following message:Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later.

Hi Peta,

I checked your account, and it looks like the decline error was from your issuing bank. Please reach out to them to check on the specific decline error. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
2953c123
Community Member

Alright
Thank you for your time

I am unable to but connects. The select number of connects dropdown is not working.

Hi Brian,

Please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in via another browser to purchase Connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have checked and and allowed it for international transactions but still I am facing the same problem.

Hi Satyam,

I have checked your account and see that the transaction was declined by PayPal. Could you please retry the transaction using an alternative payment method from your PayPal wallet? 

~ Joanne
Upwork
ahmad_faraz797
Community Member

I tried multiple times for purchasing connects after adding billing method, everytime the transaction declined, my service provider says the issue with payment lies at upwork's end, I tried to purchase from my friend's debit card, it still didn't work, now its showing a message that some services are on hold, you need to c=verift identity, what can i do now, i am stuck, looking for help

Hi Ahmad,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Ok, thank you.

I'm facing similar issue regarding payment method. I've tried with my debit card and Paypal, but both of these transaction was declined.

Hi Mohammad,

I checked, and it looks like the rejection error was from your bank. Please reach out to your bank so that they can assist you further with this. Thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thanks for the reply. Joanne.

But the error was happened for the Upwork transactions only. I have been using both of these payment method( Mastercard Debit card and Paypal) for international payments.

Kindly check it out and tell me(I'm from India and transaction is done by using One Time password which is being send to my registered mobile number.)

Hi Mohammed,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
usmanzuberi
Community Member

Hello!I had tried to buy connects but my payment method was not accepted even after being saved .Want to know the reason so we can start working/

Hi Usman,

It looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

Meantime, you can add an alternative billing method in your account payment options.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
d333158d
Community Member

Hello, how can I buy connects using BDO online banking?

Hi Marianne,

You can purchase Connects by logging in to your account. Connects are not sold individually, but bundles begin at $1.50 for 10 Connects. Regardless of which bundle you choose, all Connects are priced at $0.15 apiece. Here are your bundle options:

10 for $1.50

20 for $3

40 for $6

60 for $9

80 for $12

This can vary based on your location, but all Upwork users will be able to purchase Connects with a credit card or prepaid card. If you aren’t able to use a credit card or prepaid card or you don’t have an Upwork balance, in many cases you’ll be able to use PayPal. To see the options available to you, click here.

~ Joanne
Upwork
alamgirislam10
Community Member

I can not able to purchase connects or upgrade my membership. please give me these problem solutions when I go to buy connects that time I can see this interface which I have added attached files.

Hi Alamgir,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
saudalimasaud
Community Member

I wanted to use my credit card as my payment method for buying connects but I can't buy them. I also tried entering another card but It says it needs some sort of identity verification. I need to buy the premium membership.

Kindly facilitate at the earliest about what seems to be the issue here ?

Awaited Reply.

Thanks and Regards.

Hi Saud,

I'm sorry to hear you had trouble buying Connects. Please, make sure that you are filling all the required fields correctly and that your card-issuing bank allows recurring transactions. Alternatively, you may use any other of the available billing methods.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths