cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: is being inexperienced a problem?

Buyisile N Member Since: Mar 19, 2016
1 of 11

Hi is being inexperience a problem? my problem is I know the job i dont have any thing to show for it.ha any one ever faced such a problem please help I am dying here Woman Sad

Pamzolo
Community Guru
Scott E Member Since: Jul 26, 2015
2 of 11

Not having a history on Upwork isn't a problem. Not having the skills and experience to do the job in question is a problem. If you have the skills to pay the bills, but now work history, just demonstrate your skills by fleshing out your portfolio with a bunch of work. I.e. if you're an article writer but haven't written articles on Upwork or for other clients outside the world of Upwork... write a bunch of articles on various topics and add them to your portfolio. If you're a photo retoucher then retouch a bunch of photos and add them to your portfolio.

Sure, don't say that they were work for specific clients, but there's no requirement to say that they weren't.  

"Welcome, humans. I'm ready for you!"
- Box, Logan's Run (1976)
Ace Contributor
Valeria B Member Since: Oct 4, 2015
3 of 11

Another thing I might add is lowering your rate  - For example, if the budget for the job you're applying for is $100, you can bid $80-$90 or even $50 if you feel like you're willing to do it for that much - It will increase your chances of landing your first job.

When I started on UpWork I had trouble getting hired so the first few jobs I did were really low paying ( my very first job was for $15! ) but I made sure my clients were happy with the work and they left me really good reviews and ratings which helped me get started.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
4 of 11

Buyisile:

Your photo is sideways.

This means you don't take your Upwork profile seriously, and it means you would not take my business seriously if I hired you.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
5 of 11

I also can not hire you because you are offering to do data entry work, but your profile doesn't use any capital letters. This leads me to believe you don't have a shift key on your keyboard. So any client whose work included proper nouns or sentences would be unable to use your services.

At least I don't have to worry about you shouting.

6 of 11

Thank you very much even though you were very hush but thank you.

it help me realise how slappy my profile was. please do give me more advice going forwad thank you.

Pamzolo
BEST ANSWER
7 of 11

Thank you very much.

Pamzolo
Joy E Member Since: Mar 20, 2016
8 of 11

How's yourjob hunting?

9 of 11

It's horrible!! I can't find any thing every thing comes back with a big DECLINE FROM CLIENTWoman Sad 

Pamzolo
Joy E Member Since: Mar 20, 2016
10 of 11

Just keep on trying and send as many applications as you can. 

I have consumed all my connects and received only one message from a client. Unfortunately, I was working in my full time job so I was only able to respond to her after my work, which I don't think is acceptabe in the client's part. all other applications of mine got no feedback.

Anyway, let's just hope for the best of us!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS