🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » membership upgrade
Page options
samiemalick
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve he issue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. In general, these issues occur when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4,439 REPLIES 4,439

thank you so much Smiley Happy

graphicgru
Community Member

Respected Team ,

With the heartiest greeting to you , This is regret to informing you that i tried to buy connect through my visa debit card but unfortunately i could not get charge instead of this issue i got som pop up which shows "We are unable to unauthorized your card .Please add another billing method " Although i contact my bank to open international transaction ,moreover they told me "there is no issue from our bank your international transaction already active".Kindly as far as concern on this problem so i could start purchase connect and start sending proposal.I have tried numerous time 

Thank You
Reguard
Amir Ali

Hi Amir,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
webs_developers
Community Member

Hi,

I want to upgrade my membership to plus but it shows "Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later" every time. 

Please help me because I want to start work.

Hi Akhesh,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
cbd3fb02
Community Member

Unable to get my connects yet. I purchased twice but yet unablw to get connect in my upwork account.

Hi Jyoti,

I've shared your concern with the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Dear friend,

1.Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable
for international payments.

2.Try an alternate payment method.

3. Clear your web browser for cookies and try again.

I hope this will be helpful.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the
best services to all the people concerned.
ss4yuvan
Community Member

Hi Team,

Is there any restriction on adding my family member credit card as Billing method for Plus membership?

I would like to upgrade to Freelancer Plus membership, but while adding my husband Master Credit Card, its not allowing me to add. 

What is they reason? and how to resovle this issue?

Any help or suggestion. Thanks in Advance

Hi Sruthi,

I checked, and it looks like the decline was from the issuing bank. You may want to reach out to the issuing bank about the sepcific decline error. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
ss4yuvan
Community Member

Thanks Joanne Marie. I will reach bank and try to resolve it.

sumeetranaaaa
Community Member

I am not able to purchase more connects. I have tried with card and Paypal but it's not working. when I tried to pay its just jump back to the initial stage again. I have done this for months and it happens again and again. 

Hi Sumeet,

Could you try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in via another browser to purchase Connects? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Dear friend,

cbd3fb02
Community Member

Hello Upwork,I have an issue in my connects actually I bought 2 times connects but not showing in my available connect please fixed this issues. I am suffering tensed with that please do fast that issue.Thanks

Hi Jyoti,

Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or using a different browser? Let us know if you still have issues purchasing Connects after trying that.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
c_m_niveditha
Community Member

Hello. I have this same issue

Hi there,

I checked this for you and was not able to replicate the issue you're experiencing. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
6ec964cf
Community Member

Spoiler

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later.

Hi Diveyesh,

Please check with your bank if your account is enabled for international charges or try to add another billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
631ee451
Community Member

Hi there! Whenever I am trying to connect my master card to purchase connects, it gave me a message that we are unable to authorize the card. Can you guide me on what to do now?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Arslan,

I checked this for you and was not able to replicate the issue you're experiencing. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
ansarseo
Community Member

I'm unable to buy connects. Everytime I try to pay for buying connects, I see the following message.

"Unfortunately, we were unable to process your transaction. Your account is being reviewed. We may need to verify your identity information. Please check your email for the detailed next steps. If you don’t hear back within 2 business days, please contact us."

Please let me know how to solve this

Hi Ansar, looks like your account is not yet verified by Upwork. First complete your profile and submit for review, once your profile is approved you can buys connects without any problem.

Hope this helps

~kashif

Hi, kashif thanks for the response. Can you tell me where do I need to submit it for review?

Hi Ansar,

I can see that your profile has already been approved. Please also check this post and the freelancer resource corner to help you get started on Upwork. As for purchasing Connects, you will need to add a billing method on file. Here's the help article for more information. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
emy_111
Community Member

Hello !
I am getting this error now while adding my visa in order to buy connects,
“You’ve exceeded your credit limit or have insufficient funds. Please add another billing method”.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Hi Eman,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please make sure your card is set up to make international payments and has sufficient funds on it to complete the funding.

Please contact your card-issuing bank to confirm if they allow recurring transactions on your debit cards as Upwork payments are classified as ‘recurring’.

~ Nikola
Upwork
emy_111
Community Member

Hi Nikola, i used the same visa to buy connects two months ago and the process was completed with no errors. But now i tried and i got this error. If you can help with this please asap, And what do you mean by sufficient funds?

Hello Eman,

I'm sorry to hear that you are stil unable to add your card. 

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep H

Upwork
sunilbadwal
Community Member

I am not able to buy connects, I am getting this message "We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method."

Hi Sunil,

You need to check with your bank for more information on why the specific charge was declined. Feel free to check out this help article to learn more about acceptable billing methods for purchasing Connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Dear friend,

9c08a491
Community Member

Hi,

I am unable to Buy Connects. I also added my VISA Debit card as a Primary account. But when jump to Buy Connects page its declined. Please help me out, I need to buy connects.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Amit Kumar,

It looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

Meantime, you can add an alternative billing method in your account payment options.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
tawhidaslam02
Community Member

Hi, as Upwork is going to implement a new connect system I am willing to upgrade my account to the pro version.  Unfortunately, currently, I don't have any funds in my account, PayPal is not available in my country ( Bangladesh ) and I don't have a credit card. I used to receive fund directly via wire transfer. 

Can I use my cousins's credit card to purchase connects?  In that case, the card name will be different from my account name.

Hello Tawhidul,

You can use a billing method you are authorized to use. If any issues arise, our team will notify you directly. You can check this article for more information about billing methods and this one to learn more about Connects

Thank you.

Pradeep H

Upwork
msalmandesigns
Community Member

I am trying to add my credit card to my account so that I can buy connects to send proposal. 

Hi Muhammad,

I checked this for you and was not able to replicate the issue you’re experiencing. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you’re still experiencing the same issue? Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
jaswindermichra
Community Member

i have to add connects. i have also changed my visa card but still i am not able to execute the process. i have tried 4 times. please tell me what should i do

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members