🐈
Page options
carmelamarasigan
Community Member

new to odesk

Hi everyone. I just want yo ask if there are techniques or guidelines to habe job at odesk? I keep on applying but I didnt get any response. Thanks you.
10 REPLIES 10
mohite_sachin90
Community Member

1) .Wait It will take time.

2).Improve your skills , Take odesk tests.

3).don't just wait for clients to give you jobs and then you will imporve your skill,Insted find new concepts and develope those concepts in projects that will imporve your skill.(this is important )

4). Improve your cover-letter writting skill.

5).Be Ownest.

6).build your portfolio and develope templates on your own.

7).You can think on your bid cost and hourly rate also...

VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome to oDesk Carmela!

You can find valuable information in the Getting Started as a Freelancer section of the Hep Center. I also advise reading the best practice advice shared by other users in following threads:

Want to get that first job? Then check this out...

Job warning signs

~ Vladimir
Upwork
suznee
Community Member

Carmela,

Welcome to Odesk. Keep submitting your cover letters, Work on your profile as it really does not tell anyone what you can do. If your writing is not so good see if a friend will help you clean up some of the poorly written wording.

I had trouble when I first started selling myself. Remember when you are writing your cover letter to a prospective job, you want to sell yourself on why you are the best fit for the job. You want to sell yourself as the person the Client wants to hire.

Take a few more tests. You have listed Virtual Assistant but nothing in your profile shows why you would be a good virtual assistant that someone would want to hire.

The first paragraph of your profile is what is going to get someone to look at your profile or move on. 

Last of all be patience, it takes time. You will find something in time. Most first jobs do not happen over night. So be patient and keep trying. 

Good Luck to you.

sunero
Community Member

I have been on Odesk for months now, i have apply for jobs but with no result, so i decided to search the freelancers but my names was not among

Pls can you help with some idea

Hi Oladoja,

Since your profile does not meet oDesk requirements currently it's been set up to private and your application quota was limited. That's why your profile does not come up in search. Please, revise and resubmit your profile in oreder to resole the issue.

Thank you!

~ Valeria
Upwork
imangalagatti
Community Member

Hi everyone. I just want yo ask if there are techniques or guidelines to grab job at odesk? I keep on applying but I didnt get any response. Thanks you.

imangalagatti
Community Member

Dear Team,
I have applied many Jobs but nothing is working can anyone please assist further?

jobairulislam
Community Member

How to submit my profile?

Hi Mohammad,

Please, go to Find Work > Profile and then click "Edit my Profile." Make sure you revise your profile title and overview and clearly describe your skills and experience. Once you are done, click "Resubmit Profile" on the top.

Thank you!

~ Valeria
Upwork
sakthibalamani
Community Member

hi everyone...

im new to upwork.. my application was always declined . please guide how to get a job and how my profile..