🐈
» Groups » Customer Service & Admin Support Professionals » Forum » Re: project management software
Page options
jeribirkes
Community Member

project management software

I couldn't figure out where a good place would be to post this question ... in job skills or in the freelancer section ... but since this is about "skills" ... here it is!

I use Asana or Trello PM software. For U.S. clients, the timezone changes are not a challenge -- but for Australian clients, it sure is. I am seeking a SaaS PM application where if the client's deadline is "5 pm Tuesday" that it somehow recognizes that it's "1 am Monday" my time. Asana is particularly problemmatic because when you assign notifications via google calendar, it defaults to almost a task display and will not drop into the correct time slot.

I have spent hours searching online for the answer to my problem; who better to ask than freelancers?

10 REPLIES 10
suznee
Community Member

I don't know much about Wrike but I have heard it has a worldwide time zone setting for you. You could check it out for what you are looking to do. They have a free version and paid.

THANK YOU ... will review and check back 🙂

Jeri,

I was in a hurry when I posted the other day but Asana has really wonderful support that likes feedback. Had you thought about writing to them and telling them the issue  you have?

I use Asana on a daily basis and a couple features I couldn't find were incorportated into the program shortly after I mentioned them. (I am sure others wanted the same thing) I would suggest writing their support and asking about the issue you have experienced.

I really like Asana it is very flexible and has some really good features.

Will do!

pandoraharper
Community Member

I also use Asana (personally, and professionally), so I hope they take this requst to heart. I would then recommend it more to clients with large non-US based teams.

As it is, I know that Active Collab (cloud and self-hosted) has not only global time zone settings, but each user can also select their own.

Ditto with Axosoft, which is less project management and really more about Scrum, but the same settings are available.

Anyknow know if Basecamp (which I don't actually like) has this feature?

Several of my recent clients needed project management systems, and I've done loads of research on this in the last 3-4 months. However, that particualar need was never actually addressed, so I did not check into it on all the sites I looked at.

toslim111
Community Member

welcome to odesk site, i like it, very good earn site this
annamonique
Community Member

I've used Basecamp, Freedcamp, TeamLab, Trello. So far, I'm loving Trello.

nego
Community Member

Hey people!

Shouldn't this be something UpWork should be providing?

I know there is something very basic for employers, but agency managers have no controll over anything ... when they should be really doing the project management work, and not just forward freelancers to employers.

Any thoughts?

prahlad1981
Community Member

I've used Basecamp in one of my past projects and it's calendar view is great. I've heard from many others that Trello is also good. Having said that, Upwork itself is no less than a Project Management System. Only things missing are a way to break a contract into milestones, and a calenderical view to display them! It already has a great messaging system and almost everything else that is required. If milestones feature is added to upwok, I think it will bypass the need for a full-fledged PMS like Trello or Asana, and that's saying something.

maverick57
Community Member

You could also just change the clock on your laptop to a more comfortable time zone. But ofcourse you will have to cautiously manage your own schedule accordingly