🐈
» Groups » Customer Service & Admin Support Professionals » Forum » Re: why emails like this ??? ..... Reminder: ...
Page options
superuser
Community Member

why emails like this ??? ..... Reminder: Salman, don't forget to check your profile feedback!

Why ?

(Reminder: Salman, don't forget to check your profile feedback!)

Hi Salman,

Thank you for your great work for your clients on Upwork! I reviewed your profile and sent you an email about a few changes you could make to strengthen your profile. Making these changes will help you win more jobs and also be featured in our category pages

Here are the recommendations I had made:

• Upload a professional-looking photo with a clear and high resolution portrait of yourself facing forward, in front of a neutral background.
  • Update your overview--yours is too brief, generic or limited to a list of skills, add more details about your professional experience in paragraph form.
  • Modify your title--yours is too long, shorten it to be more focused and representative of a profession.
  • Update your skills-- according to your profile, you have more key skills to add.
  • Update your portfolio?check if you have links provided and that they are are correct.
  • Update your employment history -- describe your positions and projects in more detail.
  • Update your education -- if possible, add full details of your degree, subject, official school name and information about your coursework and accomplishments.

Check out this post to learn how to perfect each profile section.

Update your profile, then I’ll review it again and share any additional feedback. Let me know if you have any questions. 

Keep up the good work! 

Thanks, 
Maria Arvanitopoulou
The Upwork Freelancer Success Team

===============================================================

===============================================================

Hi,
i really appreciate you effort to help uplift workers ability to work and earn more.

but i like to communicate my point of view here regarding the changes you are suggesting for my profile.

1: The current profile is the profile which is giving me the work !  (it works and i am happy with my jobs quantity)
2: slandered profile has monotony and do not attract clients and  that's why i like my profile the way it is , Unique
3: what guarantee is there that if i make changes that you are suggesting and i will get more jobs ? (what if i am ignored due to the slandered profile look and lose my earnings ? )

in the end, i like to reply to you.
Thank you for your suggestions, i will see what i like to change and what not, but please dont expect and send reminders to make profile changes,
please let the profile be the domain of the workers, and what and how they like to represent themselves to clients and job market.

Hope you understand and not offended.

regards
 SALMAN

4 REPLIES 4
superuser
Community Member

* standard

and i just complaining about the "Reminder" that Upwork is sending.

does that mean i will be targeted till i change my profile as they want ?

suggestions are welcome, but email Reminder are not .

stencil_media
Community Member

Your profile could do with fleshing out a bit. Although I can't guarantee it, I'd be very surprised if the recommended changes result in you getting less work. Sure, there's no guarantee that the changes will mean you get more work, but apart from your top rated badge and your decent work history... there's not much for clients to go on. 

A bunch of acronyms, a single sentence for your overview, three below average test results... you're not doing yourself any favours. 

"Welcome, humans. I'm ready for you!"
- Box, Logan's Run (1976)
petra_r
Community Member

I agree with Scott!

Plus they are actually being kind...

Your profile picture is a strictly speaking in violation of policy so if they wanted to they could stop you applying altogether until you change it.

Personally I think your profile does you more harm than good, loses you business and if you did change it you would win considerably more contracts.

However, at the moment they are not forcing you to change anything so if you want to keep it as it is because you are winning as much work as you can handle at the price you want please feel free to ignore what they tell you...

PS - The company is called "Upwork" not "uplift"and what in heaven's name is a "slandered" profile?

( Slander: "Slander is a false or malicious claim that may harm someone's reputation" (wikipedia))

ablefreelancer
Community Member

Dear Petra,

I think "slender" is the term he was trying to refer to

Regards

Thom