This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

BANK NOT CURRENTLY SUPPORTED

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor
Lukman Adewale A Member Since: Apr 12, 2017

Hello,

Please I've been trying to withdraw my funds to my local bank account using the LFT, I used the correct swift code and the Bank details was loaded and added but when I wanted to withdraw I got the error message "Thank you for applying for Local Currency Wire. Unfortunately, this bank is not currently supported. Please select another withdrawal option", I've crosschecked and confirmed that the details are correct. Though I discovered that the address loaded with the swift code is different from my branch address but the bank said it uses one swift code for all branches.

Are Nigerian Banks not supported? Is GTBank Nigeria not among the supported banks?

Please I need help ASAP.

Regards.

13 REPLIES 13
Community Guru
Juvy Ann P Member Since: Oct 29, 2015

If it is not recognized as a valid withdrawal option, then it is possible that your country is not listed among those where the payment method is recommended.  Have you tried other withdrawal options, Lukman?

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014

Hi Lukman Adewale,

Freelancers from Nigeria do have the option to set up Direct to Local Bank withdrawal method, but in this case the bank you tried to add isn't supported. Please consider adding a different bank or setting up an alternative withdrawal method.

Ace Contributor
Akinbode A Member Since: Nov 1, 2016

Hi Lukman,

Yes it is true, I got the same error when I tried withdrawing into my GTB account, though it worked at first for the first withdrawal. I had no other option but to add a different bank (Unity bank). Just add another bank apart from GTB. But I hope I don't get the same error on my second withdrawal into Unity bank.

I hope this helps

Best Regards,

Akinbode A.

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014

Hi Akinbode,

Please be aware that direct to local bank transfers to GUARANTY TRUST BANK LIMITED in Nigeria are no longer supported by our payment processor. Please note that if you are encountering an error when using this bank, you will have to withdraw using a different bank or payment method. 

Community Guru
Oreofe J Member Since: May 8, 2015

Hello guys, 

Just discovered from UW's support team that GTB is not longer supported on Local Funds Transfer.

Can anyone confirm if using Zenith Bank or Stanbic IBTC has worked for Local Funds Transfer? Thanks.

ETA: Akinbode, thanks for the heads up on Unity. I also confirmed on a different post that  Zenith Bank works fine

Ace Contributor
Akinbode A Member Since: Nov 1, 2016

GTB now works fine...

James P Member Since: Sep 12, 2017

Hi Akinbode,

I am very new on Upwork. I just successfully linked my Gtbank account. Good to know GTBank now works fine.

Enjoy!

Update:

Gtbank works perfectly fine! I received my money within 3 hours! This is not surprising considering the payment processor Upwork is using is Transfast.

Michael F Member Since: Jan 25, 2017

Please do you have any idea if this payment method works for Sterling bank?

Gabriel E Member Since: Nov 16, 2018

How much were you charged for the withdrawal?

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS