This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

Re: Help on Upwork functionment

Frequent Visitor
Jamiil Toure A Member Since: Apr 16, 2017

Hi dear fellows freelancer !

I am Jamiil, an elecrtrical engineer from Benin. I am a new member on this platform.

I have already used all my tokens of this month with any bid conluded.

Could someone help me in improving my profile and proposal submission writing.??

I read the freelancer guide to upwork already but, I still have difficulties on being hire for a project. 

All your comments and suggestions are welcome.

Thanks for your consideration .

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Edward G Member Since: Sep 22, 2014

Hi, Jamiil.  I see several areas for improvement in your profile.  First, are you freelancing as an electrical engineer or as a translator?  The two fields require different approaches.  You should either position yourself as a technical translator capable of translate complex material between French and English -OR- position yourself as a bilingual electrical engineer.

Second, the Overview in your profile is essentially your job descriptions.  I'd move those descriptions down into your employment history.  For your overview, you want to describe what you can do for Upwork clients in the areas of engineering and/or translation, not what you did during your internships.

Third, remove the "below average" spelling test for now.  Study hard on US English spelling and then take the test again until you can get a Top 20% or higher score.

Fourth, you haven't yet proved yourself in the freelancing world or as a long-term employee.  Your rate is likely too high for entry-level freelancing.  I'd recommend lowering it on your profile and definitely on your applications until you get established.

Finally, make sure that the jobs you apply for are those you can bring unique value to.  Don't just fire off applications at random.  Instead, pursue listings that would really benefit from your mix of technical education and bilingual ability.

Ed

Frequent Visitor
Jamiil Toure A Member Since: Apr 16, 2017
I appreciated the quick feedback Edward.Worth noting. I am going to apply those recommendations immediately and resubmit for the next jobs carefully.

Would you have any further comments after the changes..?? I would be honoured once again.

Thanks for taking your time to look at my profile.
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS