This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

Re: Local Bank Payment

Ebunoluwa O Member Since: Apr 28, 2017

I would like to know which Nigerian banks Upwork can pay into as at today

7 REPLIES 7
Community Guru
Juvy Ann P Member Since: Oct 29, 2015

Have you tried the international wire transfer method, Ebunoluwa?  It looks like payoneer can also be an alternative payment method.  I got this info from this thread: https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/How-do-you-get-paid-in-Nigeria-Paypal-does-not-work-for/...

Ace Contributor
Akinbode A Member Since: Nov 1, 2016

Hello Ebunoluwa,

I once added my GTB account and after 3 business days I was able to payout into the account. But after I did that I couldn't payout into my GTB again. I got "Your local bank does not support... error message". So I added my Unity bank and once again after 3 business days, I did payout and was credited under 3 hours. I hope I don't get the same error message on my next payout to my Unity bank.

But if the same 2nd payout error keeps coming, I would keep adding different banks.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Akinbode A.

Ace Contributor
Akinbode A Member Since: Nov 1, 2016

@Akinbode A wrote:

Hello Ebunoluwa,

I once added my GTB account and after 3 business days I was able to payout into the account. But after I did that I couldn't payout into my GTB again. I got "Your local bank does not support... error message". So I added my Unity bank and once again after 3 business days, I did payout and was credited under 3 hours. I hope I don't get the same error message on my next payout to my Unity bank.

But if the same 2nd payout error keeps coming, I would keep adding different banks.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Akinbode A.

I can now say boldly Unity Bank works fine. Made my second payment and got credited in less than 3 hours without any extra charges.

Community Guru
Oreofe J Member Since: May 8, 2015

Updates: Zenith Bank works (no error messages etc)  without issues.

Community Guru
Oreofe J Member Since: May 8, 2015

LFT seems to be is improving ! The last transaction I did (LFT - Zenith) was processed within 2 hours. Kudos to the support team who helped out when I had issues with this some few weeks ago.

Freedom O Member Since: Feb 15, 2017

I've always withdrawn to Diamond Bank. Previously it would take about 18 hours, but now takes 20 minutes. Last withdrawal I made took just about 10 minutes actually.

Highlighted
James P Member Since: Sep 12, 2017

@ebunoluwa O wrote:

I would like to know which Nigerian banks Upwork can pay into as at today

Hi Ebun,

Gtbank also works fine. My payment was processed within 2 hours at no extra cost! The collaboration between Upwork and Transfast is a brilliant and welcomed idea. Mighty thanks to the Upwork team! Cat Very HappySmiley Happy

James 

VCP

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS