This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

Morocco

Maryem C Member Since: Aug 16, 2016

Hello moroccan freelancers, I'm so happy to find this group

Hi Abderrazzak your comment was so helpful for me, I'm actualy looking for the best way to get paid. I saw the new option of direct to local bank, and was also thinking to create an account in albarid bank, can you please tell me more, what kind of account (Le compte chèque,Hssab Assassi, Hssab Lahna) how can i get money (using a visa card or what)

I will do the same as you did; the same account just let me know more informations. if I transfer for exemple $100 how much can I recieve in  my albarid bank account after transfer

can you please help me ? thankyou so much in advance,

Ramadan Mubarak

Maryem

Community Leader
Abderrazzak B Member Since: Mar 23, 2017

Hi there Maryem Smiley Happy

You're very welcome Smiley Happy

I have a normal account with Barid-bank (
Le compte chèque),  as far as I know, they are all working well, (mon relevé de compte de chaque mois de la part du Bank dit que le versement se fait par un tier (ne spécifie pas que c'est une entreprise nommé Upwork par exemple... et n'applique aucune i9tita3 sur le montant)
You can get money by using check or carte-bancaire provided from the bank, choose what's best for you...

if you transfer for exemple $100 you have to multiply it by the exchange rate by Upwork

FOR example:
Last exchange rate used by Upwork

9.2787 MAD/USD*

*As of May 30, 2017 23:00 UTC

so you'll receive 927 DH after transfer, no 9tita3 from bank, just this exchange rate from $ to DH is reducing your amount a bit.

as far as I know, this is the best way for me, as my incomes are now little and I don't do online shopping to be forced to open paypal or payoneer...

Hope this is clear for you, and I'm here for more information...
Je veux également des information de ton part (actual transfert methode you're using)

Ramadan Mubarak to you too

oh Thankyou so much Abderrazzak for your quick answer Smiley Happy

I was thinking to choose hssab assasi with visa electron but according to some comments on facebook they said that this visa card does'nt work for international shopping.

Maybe I will choose "compte chèque", (peux-tu me dire combien de feuilles dans un carnet-chèque et comment demander un nouveau au cas ou)

Actually I have never test any method of payments, I was looking for a safe one . reading some reviews on the internet I noticed that people are unsatisfied with some banks services, they said that they found difficulties when they want to close their account...

By the way, can you please tell me more about your experience, did you pay opening fees at the albarid bank agency or they were deducted from you account? how much did you paid the fisrt time you've opened your account?

I appologize for asking so many questions. I think this will help also new moroccan upworkers

Thank you again

(excuse my english Smiley Embarassed)

Maryem

Community Leader

No problem, but you came back with so many questions hhhh

I was thinking to choose hssab assasi with visa electron but according to some comments on facebook they said that this visa card does'nt work for international shopping.

---> to comment on this, moroccan normal visa dosen't support international shopping, but there's a MasterCard that provide this service, but you'll have to pay more for it. for example I have a Normal visa Card-guiché BaridBank that I pay 60DH/year dosen't support shopping online, they suggest me their MasterCard for 350DH/year, but that's too much for me right now, but if you do the Math. fee of a MasterCard "Payoneer or Paypal" is 30$/year, so it's the same... 

Maybe I will choose "compte chèque", (peux-tu me dire combien de feuilles dans un carnet-chèque et comment demander un nouveau au cas ou)
-----> il y a 25 feuilles (un carnet-chèque et gratuit et vous recever un nouveau dans un délai de 10jours max) 

Actually I have never test any method of payments, I was looking for a safe one . reading some reviews on the internet I noticed that people are unsatisfied with some banks services, they said that they found difficulties when they want to close their account...
-----> Yes I have difficulties in the Past with Bank al9ard lfila7i, It took me 1year to close my account, and they charge you 150DH every 3months

By the way, can you please tell me more about your experience, did you pay opening fees at the albarid bank agency or they were deducted from you account? how much did you paid the fisrt time you've opened your account?
-----> I'm not a Barid employee if you wonder why I recommend this Bank hhh, But I'm using it because it's the cheepest and the best for me, I don't remember the opening fees but they are little, also just 48DH/3months service fees, (compared to other banks like BMCE or 9ard fila7i)
-----> my second favorit it I were in a big city is Bank populaire (Barid Bank is awsome but you'll find a poor service in a Big City, I'm in a small city that's why it's the best for me right now)

I appologize for asking so many questions. I think this will help also new moroccan upworkers

--->Hope that you'll keep asking, I'm enjoying writing in English hhh
if you want to help me back give me some 'kudos' here I'll apreciate it Smiley Wink

Thank you again

Thank you so much for the time you take to answer all my questions and for all the extra informations you share with me.

I wish you'll get more and more succeful work on upwork.

of course I want to help you back and I'll give you as much kudos as available Smiley Happy

Have a nice day

Community Leader

Many thanks for you too Smiley Happy

feel free to ask anytime Smiley Happy

Frequent Visitor
Fatiha L Member Since: Aug 27, 2016

Hi Abderrazzak,

My local bank is "La Banque Populaire".
I receive money with an exchange rate  : $1 ------>  9.05 MAD - 9.25 MAD, and $ 0.99 as fees.

I have also a Payonner Card that allow me to transfer my money from Upwork to My local bank. However, I do no have any idea about the transfer fees.

Could you please share your experience here ? I think, it is the only way to avoid the extra expenses for users.

Sincerly

Fatiha L.

Upworker.

Frequent Visitor
Oumaima B Member Since: Jul 4, 2017

Hello,

I'm glad that I've found a Moroccan group on Upwork . 

I am using the Direct transfer to local bank for a while now, and the payment goes without any problems.

I have a Visa Card in BCP , the withdrawl is transfered in 12hours and only 0.99$ is charged.

Hi Oumaima,

You are very welcome! for me , I'm using now the direct transfer too, but with albarid bank

0.99$ charged and the final amount depends on the exchange rate, today its : 9.1802 MAD/USD*

this rate decrease every day.

Frequent Visitor
Lamiaa S Member Since: Mar 29, 2017

Hi! 

I would like to know if it's safe to receive money from Upwork to my Moroccan bank account, knowing that I have no status as a freelancer. 

Thanks in advance,

Lamiaa

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS