This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

Nigerian Freelancers

Frequent Visitor
Olumide A Member Since: Feb 1, 2019
Hi.
You can just put your graphics name in there like i did and it should be good!
Frequent Visitor
Alo O Member Since: Jan 23, 2020
Thanks a lot for your response..

I need your help please!! I was submitting proposals and on my first day on Upwork which was about 4 days ago, I got two contracts. Since then I havent gotten another.

I believe it's my cover letter which is not good enough.

Please, can you help me? Do you have any cover letter template you use which I can follow and edit for my usage? Please help a brother. Thank you!!
Chelsea O Member Since: Dec 14, 2019
You landed your first two jobs on your first day. Be grateful for that first. Never stop being grateful for that. When you hear the stories of others, you would know it's a testimony. Secondly, don't give up. You got your first jobs easily. Now you have to push harder. Keep trying.

Improve your cover letter and keep trying.
Frequent Visitor
Alo O Member Since: Jan 23, 2020
Wow!! Thanks for this response.. I so much appreciate that. I’ll keep working harder and hoping for the best. Thanks a lot!
Ace Contributor
Akinbode A Member Since: Nov 1, 2016

Hi Alo,

First of all "NEVER USE TEMPLATES FOR YOUR PROPOSALS". Write a unique proposal that fits  each job description.

You got two jobs on your first day, I think that calls for celebration. I signed up on Elance(ODesk, before Upwork bought it) in 2011, I got my first job in 2016. That was what actaully made me start this thread back then. But here we are, our jobs and reviews are speaking for us.

I'd advice you to keep writing great proposals selling yourself and your skills, how you will handle the job and how soon you will deliver. You may mention your tools and years of experience. Trust me your clients are out there.

Kind regards,

Akinbode A.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS