I can understand with you on the challenges you are facing but I still refuse to tie it down to my nationality. Perhaps because I am open-minded. In any race, tenacity is key.
I have joined upwork since November 2016 and I have not been given one project (job). As a matter of fact, about 80% of my applications were declined by the clients. As per all interview invites where I was contacted directly to accept interview invites, 100% of all the clients declined without notice or reason. They simply kept silent. But that does not stop me.
It would be a good idea to connect with the community discuss your challenges and still keep doing what you do. Perhaps there are areas where you require improvement. My profile has long been approved. Yet I still have challenges getting the first job in upwork. Let us continue while keeping an open mind.
I hope this helps.
Kindly fill the form accordingly with your
- Legal Name (usually the name on any of your government issued identification, maybe Birth certificate, Drivers License, PVC or International Passport).
- Residential Address (just as you write it)
- Federal Tax Classification should be Non-US. This is because you are not a US resident.
I hope this helps. Happy Freelancing.
I agree with Tonia. It's not easy being Nigerian here thanks to our scam artist brothers in Lagos and Owerri. It hard to convince clients of your skills and integrity. The best you can do is land the interview and ace it. Write a killer proposal. Try to be among the first five to submit. It helps.
Please help! I currently do not have a government issued ID asides my LGA and birth certificates. And I would like to change my name from the short form Tari to the full form of my name - Itari. I am also worried about being mandated to provide an ID sometime soon and receiving the penalty for not having any.
I only recently started the registration for my PVC and national ID, and we all know how long the process takes here in Nigeria! So my question is, are temporary national IDs and voters cards are acceptable? And if not, what about birth certificates.
Thank you for taking out the time to read this
Here are my 2 kobos (cents).
1. Temp ids are not allowed on UW
2. You can look at these options: National ID, Drivers License, International Passport, PVC.
3. The International Passport seems to be the fastest option if you are in a big rush and don't mind the cost.
4. If your preference is Itari ( not Tari), you need to let the agency in charge of your ID know during the data capture stage else you might have to go through the tedious process of signing affidavits, newspaper publication for name change etc.
5. Finally, a birth certificate would not make the cut as a means of valid ID.
Best of luck.
on and certify my account with my birth certificate (and of course, a
utility bill)? Because that would be great news for me.