You don't need to go to your bank to collect swift code. Just use google to search it. Search "your bank name" swift code(For example GTB swift code, you get GTBINGLA). I guess the one given to you in your bank was for that branch and not for the main branch, that is why it is have an extra letter to show the state.
I hope this helps.
For direct to a local bank account, what's the exchange rate? Is it the prevalent rate or is it the rates that Payoneer charges when withdrawals are made at the ATM?
Hello Michael, you are welcome to Upwork. Firstly, Upwork is a very competitive marketplace, so being a newbie can be a little intimidating in a way. But either a newbie or not, three things will help your growth here; your "KILLER" proposal, your Profile and finally your communication. Keep all these in good shape and professional and clients will search for you. I check your profile and I feel it needs some overhauling. Try these things;
1. Reduce your rate; for a newbie with no Job Success Score, keep it low for now.
2. Change your profile picture to something more professional.
3. Increase your number and range of skills.
4. Review your overview
5. Take tests relating to your skills.
6. Have a portfolio containing some of your previous jobs (even if it is outside Upwork).
Your proposal would make a client check your profile out. If satisfied, he will contact you and your swift communication skills will land you the job.
I hope this helps. Goodluck bro.
"Do. Or do not. There is no try."