This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

Re: Nigerian Freelancers

Highlighted
Amarachi O Member Since: Aug 30, 2017

Hello Oreofe, I'm trying to send you an inbox or direct message through this platform but it isn't going through. Could you kindly reach out privately? I want to discuss something with you, if you don't mind. Thanks.

Community Guru
Oreofe J Member Since: May 8, 2015

Hi Amarachi, how are you doing?

I havent been to this section of the community in a while. Sent you a PM ( private mail).

Regards.

Charles U Member Since: Sep 27, 2016

good day mr oreofe my account is suspended for some time now and i have write to support team at upwork they said that there decision is final that my account will remain on suspension. Do u have any idea on what i should do to reinstate my account. please i will appreciate any help you give me . My email is (charslito@gmail.com)

Ifediba N Member Since: Jul 18, 2017
Please has any Nigerian freelancer taken Danny Marguiles Secrets of a Six Figure Upworker Class?
Most of the reviews are from whites and I need a more rounded view before spending my money
Frequent Visitor
Femi O Member Since: May 2, 2019
Hi Oreofe,

I'm new on the platform and my freelancer application was rejected. I initially submitted my profile for review before uploading portfolio materials. After the rejection, I gathered from their feedback email that I needed to do that. Again, my profile was rejected saying they couldn't give any more reasons at this point. Could you help me understand what I'm missing and if there's a chance I can get my freelancer profile approved. Please look through my profile and portfolio and advise.

Thanks
Tonia I Member Since: Nov 16, 2016

Hello Akin,

I can understand with you on the challenges you are facing but I still refuse to tie it down to my nationality. Perhaps because I am open-minded. In any race, tenacity is key. 

I have joined upwork since November 2016 and I have not been given one project (job). As a matter of fact, about 80% of my applications were declined by the clients. As per all interview invites where I was contacted directly to accept interview invites, 100% of all the clients declined without notice or reason. They simply kept silent. But that does not stop me. 

It would be a good idea to connect with the community discuss your challenges and still keep doing what you do. Perhaps there are areas where you require improvement. My profile has long been approved. Yet I still have challenges getting the first job in upwork. Let us continue while keeping an open mind.

I hope this helps.

Tonia Imasuen

michael o Member Since: Mar 16, 2017

Hi everyone

am new to this platform. i need help on how to go about W-8BEN tax as a Nigerian

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014

Hi michael,

Please enter your full name and other required details in the form in order to enable withdrawals on your Upwork account.

michael o Member Since: Mar 16, 2017

Thanks Vladimir,

Frequent Visitor
Femi O Member Since: May 2, 2019
Hi Vladmir,

I've been having difficulties with getting my profile approved here on Upwork despite having a 100% profile completeness. I've even taken the Upwork readiness test along with other test to prove my skills. Could you kindly review my profile and advise on what could be wrong or what I could change. Thanks