This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

Re: Nigerian Freelancers

Frequent Visitor
Opaola B Member Since: Jan 24, 2018

Yes I agree with you Sir, have struggling and trying my best Sir, to get it but it seems sturborn.

Gabriel E Member Since: Nov 16, 2018
I was recently approved here. Please which option is more reliable for cashing out payments?
Ace Contributor
Akinbode A Member Since: Nov 1, 2016

Hello Gabriel,

First of all, congratulations on your profile approval and welcome to Upwork. There are various ways you can get paid here on Upwork. However, the fastest and most convenient way is the Local Bank transfer.  It's the fastest because it takes less than 3 hours(for me, I use GTB)  to get credited, most convenient because you get the naira equivalent, no hassle of trying to sell your dollars. Finally, it's quite cheap, the transaction fee is less than $1.00.

Just add your bank details and your bank swift code(search the internet, its there) and within a few business days, your account will be confirmed. Note: Your account name and Upwork account name should be the same.

However, if you need your earnings in dollars, probably you want to make some transactions in dollars directly or you have an easy way of reselling the dollars, you can go Payoneer.

For now, your key focus is to land those jobs and build your job success, getting paid is one of the easiest processes on Upwork. Once again, you are welcome and good luck.

"A dream doesn't become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination, and hard work."

Frequent Visitor
Oladimeji T Member Since: May 13, 2019
Thanks Akinbode for this info. But my major confusion here is, do I need to have a domiciliary account to receive payment?
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor
Afolabi S Member Since: Nov 21, 2018

Please how do you go about it. They keep turning my request down

Frequent Visitor
Karima U Member Since: Nov 24, 2018

I agree 100%

Frequent Visitor
Afolabi S Member Since: Nov 21, 2018

i would say am having the same issue, because my profile is yet to be approved. 

Even after taking the tests. dont know what to do. 

my major skill is in wordpress website, e-commerce, learning management system and also moderate knowledge in graphics

and i will appreciate if anyone can provide me their customer support email address.

Ace Contributor
Akinbode A Member Since: Nov 1, 2016

Hi Afolabi,

Firstly, I do not think profile approval on Upwork is controlled by humans but by alogrithms for the first stage before the humans do the once that came through the first stage.

However, checking your profile, it is too weak if I may say.  You still need to go back and tweak it. You should not just resubmit after being rejected. I will list some things I feel you should brace up on your profile.

1. You do not have a portfolio
  2. There are no tests at all. Take tests that are relevant to your skills and the Upwork readiness test too.
  3. One line or two line sentence for your experience is not enough. Explain what you do or did.
  4. Make sure you have 100% profile completeness.
  5. Is your email a professional email? I mean it includes your name and not some fancy aliases.

These are just tips and doesn't gurantee the approval, but I wish you success.

Kind regards,

Akinbode A.

"There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure."

Frequent Visitor
Martins N Member Since: Dec 7, 2018
Hello everyone, its been really difficult to land jobs for me. Have got my profile working for a long time now still no jobs come by where am i making mistakes. Any help thanks
Ace Contributor
Bukola O Member Since: Dec 23, 2016

Keep trying, no one trusts Nigerians but we still push. All I can say is keep pushing bro... You'll land something soon. That was how I started and I'm still struggling...