This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

Withdraw in Egypt

Frequent Visitor
Sherif K Member Since: Dec 23, 2013
Ok i might be able to help, but am let me confirm that it is all legal before proceeding with the advise. Hopefully by tomorrow afternoon will post again.
Frequent Visitor
Ahmed S Member Since: Jun 1, 2012
I used Skrill [Moneybookers.com now] to withdraw my fund from Odesk.com it cost me like this : I had 1000$ - 1$ Transfer Order to Withdraw - 2.5$ Transfer fees to Skrill - 2.5$ Transfer fees to my Saving Bank Account in Egypt [Bank Misr Visa Saving Account] -------------------- Net = 994$ Do you have any cheaper method ?
Frequent Visitor
Rowan D Member Since: Nov 25, 2013
You are all talking about 2.5$ Transfer fees!! But Skrill charged me for 4.4$ !!! I don't get that...
Kholoud R Member Since: Nov 21, 2013
Concerning Skirll: I have an account at Al-Ahali National bank and I have send money from my skirll account to the bank but till now I have not received the money. So could you please tell how long it takes you to receive the money.and If you could help me,please tell me how can I fix this problem? Thanks in advance.
Frequent Visitor
Hello, Following my previous note above.. There seems to be a long confusion about withdrawal fees using Skrill or Payoneer..along with oDesk to skrill merhcant issue! I contacted oDesk support and they expressed their regret for the current hold on local wire transfers. I am not related by any means to oDesk, I'm just an oDesk member. But I am a Loyal customer to both Payoneer and Skrill. Contact was to try and help oDesk members from Egypt get their money faster and enjoy it for the holidays. I believe this is achievable. As per the terms and conditions of oDesk, all transactions and communication will be done through oDesk only. I may also request that it be revised by oDesk staff in order to assure to complies with their TOS. I assume oDesk charges 10% as fees! _____ The service offered is basically online Factoring, which in principle relies on customer's credibility and in exchange faster financial service. ____________ As per local payments currently in Egypt: Vodafone-Etisalat-Mobinil with a max daily limit of 3000LE/day/person I think one of them, if not all, applies a 5000 limit per month/person This is suitable for small amounts. Receiver may collect amount by cash from any of the listed branches, using National ID card. Also, an SMS letter will be sent to confirm transfer. There is an option of a secret word for withdrawal which can or may be used for any transaction conducted on oDesk. Second option is s direct bank deposit option. If a mutual business is conducted through oDesk, official bank deposit slips (with exchange rate of date and desired bank, should serve as guarantee and completion of service As high rated members, your credibility is sustained. However, it is preferable to start with small projects Any personal fees related will be fair and convenient as much as possible. Please feel free to contact me through oDesk for assistance or suggestions. Regards, Sherif
Hanan A Member Since: Nov 5, 2012
Hello Mr. Sherif, I've had a few jobs on oDesk but I only withdrew my money about 10 days ago or more, and I've still not received any money. What I did was choosing wire transfer from the payment options here on oDesk, I entered my account number, which is in EGP, swift code, full name, etc.. Did I do something wrong? Or does it normally take that long for the money to be transferred? Shall I call my bank and inquire about the amount I'm expecting? The thing is I don't know the name of the bank from which the transfer is to be sent to my account. That is why it's all confusing to me. I don't know what to do and I'm starting to worry. I also need to know the right steps to follow to take care of money withdrawals in the future. Thanks for any help.
Frequent Visitor
I'm sorry i need to clarify again that am new to oDesk. Is this the first time you withdraw? If not, then no need to worry. Wire transfers may take up to 15 days, sometimes more, for the balance to reflect in your bank account. Two factors to consider, 1- if its a direct bank-to-bank or an intermediate bank involved, which I assume its the later. 2-current timing and holiday season. Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all. sorry to burst your bubble, but this delay is definite Smiley Happy If its your first withdraw, you can double check that you entered your bank info correctly on oDesk then follow up with your bank and ask them that you are expecting a wire transfer from abroad. Your bank can provide some info if they got notified of an incoming transfer,they can advise on its current status and ETA.
Frequent Visitor
forgive my question but from what you're saying I assume that odesk returned wire transfers to Egypt, yes? I recently spoke with odesk support and a fact to state, they were very supportive, requested link to this thread and did express apologies for any inconvenience caused due to current regulations. Also, as a Payoneer customer, they are always recommended. For those facing trouble withdrawing to Egypt: I thought of offering a "factoring" solution for a faster withdrawal to Egypt, and I revised all terms and conditions with oDesk. If a business is conducted, guarantee is as follow: you will be getting your payment in your bank first, with official deposit slip and as per local exchange rate on date of deposit, usually next business day with a grace period of 48 hours, for any unexpected situation. oDesk will guarantees mine. I was thinking of 3-5% as a fair charge for an expedite service.
Frequent Visitor
Some info that may be of help to all Current banks of which I recommend 1. Mashreq bank - Heliopolis branch(crowded) and New Cairo (great) 2. Piraeus bank,fastest service for opening accounts ready with card 30 min process. EGP+USD account. Heliopolis branches are fastest. 3. Arab African, good for issuing an instant Visa internet card, and a good bank 4. Barclays Bank, you can open a USD saving in minutes for $25 minimum I think. somehow useful for faster wire transfers I can recommend personnel for the first three banks for inquiries and assistance. I'm a customer of the mentioned banks above. Merry Christmas and happy holidays
Frequent Visitor
Rasha Hamdy Mohame A Member Since: Nov 12, 2012
Hi Sherif , Many thanks for your help. Happy new year. Actually I'm totally confused, I have balance in my account in Odesk, I ordered payoneer card twice but I didn't receive it. I don't know what to do next. How can I transfer my balance through skrill , Should I have a bank account to order a visa through Arab African Bank, Is there monthly fees for this visa? Pls Advise. Best Regards, Rasha
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS