This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

Re: best way to receive my fees in Egypt

Ace Contributor
Peter B Member Since: Aug 11, 2016
I am from egypt starting my freelancing career.
I need some one from Egypt also to recommend me the best way to get paid from upwork. ( paypal, skrill or payoneer).
I tried to compare the fees of these services but unfortunatly a lot of informations were not clear (especially for payoneer)

Thank you.
21 REPLIES 21
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014

Hi Peter,

You may refer to this thread to see advice and tips other freelancers from Egypt shared. Also, this help article contains information about different payment options available on Upwork.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Ace Contributor

Dear Valeria,

Thank you for your help; but the answers included in the thread were a little unclear.

i have succesfully tracked the fees of Skrill and Paypal the only problem now is payooner; i know it is not area but if you can help me to calculate the payooner fees to egypt it will be great.

Thanks

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014

Hi Peter,

Upwork charges a $2 fee per transfer to Payoneer. Payoneer may charge additional fees for activation, monthly maintenance, ATM usage, etc. You may need to contact Payoneer directly for more information about the fees that apply in your country.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Ace Contributor

Thank you Valeria

Frequent Visitor
Ahmed E Member Since: Jul 16, 2018

How did you transfer the amount of your paypal account to your account in Egypt ?  Did you use Credit card to add the amount to it from Paypal.

Ace Contributor
Md. M Member Since: Dec 26, 2015

Hi,

If you are unable to use paypal, Skrill personal/free account is the best solution because their charge is very low. You can also withdraw a total maximum ammount of 1169 USD with an unverified Skrill account. I've a Payoneer account but I'm not using it because of their high maintainance charges & other limits. But there is another problem with skrill. Few of my friends stated that their free skrill account automatically migrate to merchant account and merchant accounts charge is little high.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor

Thanks for your replay,

I have all the details about skirll; they are very clear about it.
But since you have a payoneer account; can you tell me about its rate a little pit more (such as maintenance fees annually, conversion rate, etc. )

Also if you have a master card or transfer to local bank accounts as the fees varies.

Thank you again for your help.

Ace Contributor
Md. M Member Since: Dec 26, 2015

Hi Peter,

Sorry for being late to reply. The far I know, Payonner's annual charge is $29/year. Moreover, you can't withdraw less than $200 to your bank account (I hate this feature).And, the conversion charge varies upon country & banks. I think there is no difference between Payoneer & local bank transfer. Let me explain it to you. 

Payoneer: Upwork cuts 2$ per transaction. Then payoneer cuts 2% conversion charge if you withdraw through your local bank.If you withdraw from ATM then the charge is really high(3.15$ per cash out). And annual charge is a plus.

Local bank transfer: Upwork charges $4.95 per local bank transfer. And your bank will charge a conversion charge (Conversion charges are pretty low for local banks). Remember, local bank transfer only better if your bank provide better service & you withdraw a large ammount of cash like $300 - $400 or more.

That's why I think Paypal & then Skrill (Free account) is the best solution if you are a small freelancer like me or if you want to withdraw little ammount. I've both payoneer master card & local debit card. But I never used them. Bad luck is that, Paypal doesn't support my country that's why I'm using Skrill. The risk is that if Skrill migrate me to merchant account, then I've to use payoneer or local bank. Before that, I'm just keep taking the advantage of Skrill as long I can. 

I usually transfer my money to a trusted person's Skrill account(He invests them in Forex) and he gives me local money. This method let me transfer currency at a lowest, lowest, & lowest charge($1 Upwork+1% Skrill charge).

Frequent Visitor
Sara F Member Since: Oct 24, 2016

Hello:

i want to ask you dose skrill allow you to rceive mony in dollors or you receive it on  L.E from bank and with bank price for dollor now a days in bank 1 dollor = 8.8 L.E

outside bank 1 Dollor = 15.5 L.E i will lose alot

i need help

thanks in advance

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS