This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

payment method

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor
Nassima A Member Since: Mar 30, 2017

a question for algerian freeelancer on upwork, what is the best payment method that u recommand for me?

12 REPLIES 12
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014

Hi Nassima,

I moved your question to the regional group. Some freelancers from Algeria may chime in and share their opinion here. I'd also like to point out this help article and links in it that have a lot of details about various payment methods available to Upwork freelancers. You can go to Settings> Get Paid to see which options are available in your country.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Frequent Visitor
Lakhdar B Member Since: Apr 21, 2017

Hi,

I tried both PayPal and Payoneer master card,  now I am using Payoneer to withdraw my fund then I exchange my USD to DZD with someone who transfers my payments directly to my  CCP.

I tried both PayPal and Payoneer master card,  now I am using Payoneer to withdraw my fund then I exchange my USD to DZD with someone who transfers my payments directly to my  CCP.

The problem with new Payoneer cards is that they can't be related with PayPal account, so if you are planning to use your funds for online shopping is better to have PayPal, or if, like me, you prefer DZD Payoneer is a good option.

Let us know if you find a better solution.

Frequent Visitor
Nassima A Member Since: Mar 30, 2017
Hello,
Actually, I've been told that paysera card is the best option for Algerians, money can be withdrawn from here Algeria, and you can relate it with your PayPal account to transfer your money
Let me know what do you think about it
Frequent Visitor
Lakhdar B Member Since: Apr 21, 2017

Hi,

You should have a local bank account, but the problem is that you cannot withdraw your money in USD, your funds are exchanged to DZD with the official rate (I think 1$ = 120 DZD).

If you sell your USD to someone throw Paysera or Payoneer it is 1$ = 160 DZD (and maybe more), but you must be careful, I sold my USD before to the guys from

**Edited for Community Guidelines** , you can trust them.

There are many payment solutions, and you need to be aware of their fees and taxes, eg. Payoneer is 29,95$ per year.

You should also put your payments in one wallet.

Good luck

Frequent Visitor
Imed C Member Since: Jan 11, 2019

Tried all methods. The cheapest and most efficient one is through Paypal linked to Paysera. Total cost is 1$.

1. Create a Paypal account an verify your ID.

2. Link your Paypal to Paysera Account using IBAN not using credit card.

3. It will take around 6 days to be verified.

4. Withdraw your money to paypal.

5. Withdraw from paypal to paysera.

6. Sell your Paysera amounts to trusted people against DZD (CCP). This step is the easiest as paysera amounts are highly in demand. OR

7. Withdraw using pasera credit card (not il Algerian ATMs as you'll get Dinars But in EU ATMs)

If you have other solutions please share.

Good luck to all DZ FREELANCERS.

Frequent Visitor
Meridja S Member Since: Apr 8, 2019

thank you for providing us with this valuable informations 

Frequent Visitor
Mouloud K Member Since: Jun 17, 2019

Thank You Imed, 

Frequent Visitor
Christopher K Member Since: Mar 20, 2019

Please, note that Direct to Local Bank transfer is now available for Algerian so you can consider that option along with Payoneer and a PayPal.

Frequent Visitor
Tayeb A Member Since: Feb 11, 2019

If  you want to  get  your money  in algeria   in USD 
you must :
have a BDL Account
Own a credit card
Link your   BDL Account to paypal
Send   your money   to the  paypal 
Go to the nearest BDL  Agency   and   get your  Dollars 
after  you can   exchage them   in   Djelfa forums or Square

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS