🐈
» Forums » Agencies » Re: ADDING TEAM MEMBERS
Page options
grewal_h
Community Member

ADDING TEAM MEMBERS

Hello,

We are having an agency account and the agency is located in Australia. Due to rapid growth in our business we require to add new team members. I want to know that can we add members from different countries other than Australia?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Harmandeep,

The account owner should be the one who will create their account. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Harmandeep,

Yes you can invite freelancers from other countries to join your agency. If you have any additional questions, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello Goran,

Thanks for reply and answering my question. I also want to know that if one of my agency member is travelling out from agency country(Australia) to any other country, can he/she still login to his/her account irrespective of his/her current location or it is not allowed?

Thanks

Harman

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Harmandeep, 

If a freelancer (regardless if they are independent freelancer or agency freelancer) is travelling and are away from their country of residence temporarily,  they don’t need to update your location. If it does raise any flags on our end, the team will reach out to the freelancer directly.

If however, the freelancer is going to be away for an extended period, such as moving someplace, then they should make updates to their account location. Also, it's recommended that the freelancer check with a legal adviser if they need a certain type of visa or a work permit to be able to work on Upwork while travelling.

~ Avery
Upwork
grewal_h
Community Member

Hello

Thanks for your message. I also want to know that can a agency add team member from other countries by making their account themselves and then sharing the login details with them? Or the account has to be created by the person himself?

Hi Harmandeep,

The account owner should be the one who will create their account. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello Goran, 

I am getting some confusion, i have freelncer profile and also agency profile with same account, If I want to add member in angecy account what is the process please elaborate and How can I add payment method?

Looking forward to you.
Thank you 

Hi Rahul,

As the agency owner, you can add members to your team and manage bidding, interviews and payment processes, while your agency contractors focus on completing the work for the clients. 

Please check this help article for more information on how to add team members to your agency. 

To learn more about our accepted payment methods and how to add one, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello Goran,

We are Corusview IT services Pvt Ltd. Having an Agency account on Upwork. Recently one of our member who was working individually joined us and suggested us to get himself merged in our Agency account as he will be working for us from now, thus we wanted to know whether we will be able to club his profile with our Agency account or not and whether his earning as an individual developer can be transferred to our Agency bank account.

Looking forward to knowing and in anticipation of your response.

Thank you

Hi Rahul, 

If you would like to add another freelancer to your agency, you can go to your Agency account > Settings page > Members & Permissions > Invite New User. When you add freelancers to an agency, you have the option of choosing whether they are an exclusive/non-exclusive member of your agency

As for the earings of a freelancer on a contract that's under the agency, all earnings for contracts under an agency will go to the agency's finances. The agency manager/business owner is responsible for paying their freelancers outside of Upwork.

~ Avery
Upwork
gillgurtez
Community Member

Can i add foreigner freelancer in my agency. Like am from India and can we add Australian or Canadian freelancer in company and if we add it. Can we login id in India after adding on agency ?

Hi Gurtej,

Yes, feel free to add freelancers to your agency that are not from your own country. Regarding your last question, I'm not quite sure what you were referring to. Could you please clarify? Please note that sharing accounts is a serious violation of Upwork's Terms of Service.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I mean, after adding a freelancer. How can i use it in agency ?

Hi Gurtej,

When the agency member logs in to their account, it will be included on the dropdown menu on the top of their page (clicking on the user's avatar) and they can access the agency that way.

From your end, however, you will see more options to monitor the agency as well as set permissions to your members. You may submit proposals on behalf of any member as well as negotiate with clients on their behalf. Once the member is hired, the payment that will be received on that contract will be under the agency and you are responsible for distributing the payment to the members according to your agreed method, outside of Upwork.

I suggest that you check this help article to learn more about agencies and how they work on Upwork.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you Aleksandar.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths