🐈
» Forums » Agencies » Accidentally hired through the agency that ha...
Page options
snusilda
Community Member

Accidentally hired through the agency that has a suspended financial account

Hi community, 

Hope someone can help me to make sure there won't be any problems after I accidentally accepted a contract as an agency member instead of my individual profile. The agency is created&owned by me, but it's not active for now since for some reason I cannot pay the agency fee through Paypal (which is weird coz when I created it, that's how I paid) and I don't have any other methods of payment available at the moment. So its financial account is suspended, but I'm not bothered since anyway it's on hold for now because I don't have time to work on it. I didn't think clients could hire through the agency at all if its financial account is suspended (I thought that deactivates the agency completely).

The issue is, when I was hired for my last project (as an individual freelancer), somehow accidentally the contract was made through the agency. So the payment will then go to the agency account instead of my individual one, right? Can I then withdraw it or do I have to pay the agency fee first in order to withdraw the earnings? If I do, can I do it with the money that I will earn from the project (instead of paypal or bank account)?

Also, just to double-check, when I finish the project and the client leaves a review, it will go to my personal profile as well, right? Not just to the agency's profile? If I then eventually decide to close the agency, the feedback will stay in my profile?

Or maybe someone knows if there's an easy way to just transfer the contract from me as a member of the agency to me as an individual freelancer? If I ask the client to close the current contract and create a new one to fix this, I'm afraid somehow it might hurt my JSS or whatever.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Oleksandra,

Completed contracts with funds exchanged will not be removed from your freelancer profile. Contracts will not be listed on your profile only when funds are not excahnged. 
Once you've completed the contract you can close your agency profile if you would like. You can also talk with your client to rehire you under your freelancer profile as well. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Oleksandra,

Regarding your payment method, I would recommend reaching out to PayPal Customer Support directly so that they can assist you further. Once this is resolved, you can remove and add it again. 
I would also like to confirm that until the hold is removed you will not be able to withdraw your funds.

Once the contract is finished the feedback will be also listed on your profile as well. If you have available on earnings on your Agency or Freelancer profile you can also use them to upgrade to our Plus plan. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

thanks for a fast reply!

I reactivated the agency in order to get access to the earnings. Luckily, paypal worked this time without any problems. 

Can you please let me know what happens if I will close the agency in the future, will that feedback disappear from my profile?

Hi Oleksandra,

Completed contracts with funds exchanged will not be removed from your freelancer profile. Contracts will not be listed on your profile only when funds are not excahnged. 
Once you've completed the contract you can close your agency profile if you would like. You can also talk with your client to rehire you under your freelancer profile as well. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths