Reply
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply

Add manual time for agency freelancer as the owner-administrator

noopurit
Active Member
Noopur D Member Since: Oct 20, 2019
1 of 7

Hi,

 

I am the owner of an agency. One of my full-time employees is assigned with an hourly contract. We need to add manual time for this week as per an understanding with the client. But as an owner, I don't get an option to add it. And it's too late in my time zone to ask the employee to do so. in 6 hrs from now, the week is going to close and we would miss the payment. Please help me.

 

Noopur Desai

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
BEST ANSWER
2 of 7

Noopur D wrote:

And it's too late in my time zone to ask the employee to do so. in 6 hrs from now, the week is going to close and we would miss the payment. Please help me.


It is not too late. You can add manual time until midday UTC on Monday (over 15 hours from now), and why didn't your freelancer track their time properly using the tracker?

 

View solution in original post

noopurit
Active Member
Noopur D Member Since: Oct 20, 2019
3 of 7
Thank you so much Petra! You saved me some embarrassment. Well, the freelancer is not at fault here. We had urgent things to fix and later on it was decided that, that was increase in original scope so initial understanding of hours were then extended by a few hours. So we had to add that time manually instead of tracking it live.

Thanks again,
Noopur
noopurit
Active Member
Noopur D Member Since: Oct 20, 2019
4 of 7
Having said that, I still think the owner of an agency or someone with an admin right should be able to manage full time freelancer's timesheet. It is a very valid case where if the freelancer is in a situation that doesn't allow them to add/ remove time, the owner or admin should be able to do so on their behalf. I work on a project management software and our software gives the ability to the project manager or the admin to enter time for a subordinate.

How can we do a feature request to Upwork?
joansands
Community Guru
Joan S Member Since: Mar 18, 2019
5 of 7

Failing anything else, you can always give a freelancer a bonus.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
6 of 7

Joan S wrote:

Failing anything else, you can always give a freelancer a bonus.


Nonsense. She is the agency.

 

mtngigi
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
7 of 7

Noopur D wrote:
Having said that, I still think the owner of an agency or someone with an admin right should be able to manage full time freelancer's timesheet. It is a very valid case where if the freelancer is in a situation that doesn't allow them to add/ remove time, the owner or admin should be able to do so on their behalf. I work on a project management software and our software gives the ability to the project manager or the admin to enter time for a subordinate.

How can we do a feature request to Upwork?

Allowing this might open freelancers to all kinds of abuse. I'm not saying you would, but others might. I doubt this is something Upwork would consider.