🐈
» Forums » Agencies » Adding team to agency phone number conflict
Page options
relicopsllc
Community Member

Adding team to agency phone number conflict

Hello,

1 of my contractors is trying to verify his account but it says his phone number is already in use. How can we resolve?

9 REPLIES 9
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Relic, 

If your freelancer needs help, they can contact us directly and we'll be happy to assist them further.

~ Avery
Upwork
jk_uw1
Community Member

Hi,

I would like to verify my number. My number was used for setting up the Relic Ops account. However the number on relic ops has been updated with another number. However, when I tried to verify my number again, it says my is being used by another account. Please assist me with removing/update my phone number to my personal account.

Thanks,

MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jason,

Please note that agencies are attached to a freelancer account. The agency will not have its own login. All accounts on Upwork are attached to a person. If you are the owner of the agency, please update the information under the primary agency account to reflect your name and other information, rather than using a separate account for yourself. After reviewing your account, I believe this may resolve your issue. 

Please let us know if you have additional questions.

Thanks,

Mike

Cheers,
Mike

Ok. There is a relic ops freelancer account and relic ops agency. It appears Jason's number was used for relic ops freelancer. I have already updated that number to a different number. However, Jason's freelancer account is still not available to change.

Thank you for following up.

Jason, one of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone number updating and the verification process of it. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
bbb261c0
Community Member

I have the same problem. Can you please help?

Hi Luigi,

Can you please confirm if you're having difficulties verifying your phone number or if you're referring to a different/another user's account? Please let us know so that we can assist you more efficiently. Looking forward to your response.

~ Arjay
Upwork
5ab17579
Community Member

Hello, I have the same problem with my phone number when I  am trying to verify my account

Hi Elizabeth,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths