🐈
» Forums » Agencies » Agency Hiring for Fixed Price
Page options
florydev
Community Member

Agency Hiring for Fixed Price

A friend and I have an agency and I think we are close to getting our first client on a fixed price project.  We are both going to work on it and I find the Agency model on Upwork confusing.

In order for both of us to have this work show up on our profile we both have to be hired on by the project and each get our own fixed price milestones, is that correct?

In case that is not clear, let me give an example, let's say the work is for $1000.  The client would have to fund two milestones, one for each of us for $500.00.  Is that how it works?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Mark F wrote:
Avery,
I love positive reviews and lining them up and looking at them 

I understand your sentiment when you shared this, and who doesn't want to see their (positive) reviews lined up? Robot Happy

It looks like that is your option. I would like to think in terms of the client's perspective - if it will be easy for him to setup two different contracts in order to manage the project. At the end of the day, the decision will be up to you and your partner on how you wish to manage this contract and your business. 

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mark, 

If you think that this is the setup that will best benefit both of you, I would recommend that you do that. You also have the option of setting up the contract on either accounts (instead of both), and then sub-contracting the work from there (since this is a fixed-price contract anyway). The client can opt to hire just you, or your friend on the $1,000 contract, and you, or your friend can just disburse your earnings outside of Upwork. 

I hope that helps. Let me know if you have other questions, and I'll try my best to assist you.

~ Avery
Upwork
florydev
Community Member

Avery,
I love positive reviews and lining them up and looking at them and since I have every intention of making these clients extra happy it sounds like one of us would have to forgo a review, is that correct?

And thank you Avery, you are the best!
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Mark F wrote:
Avery,
I love positive reviews and lining them up and looking at them 

I understand your sentiment when you shared this, and who doesn't want to see their (positive) reviews lined up? Robot Happy

It looks like that is your option. I would like to think in terms of the client's perspective - if it will be easy for him to setup two different contracts in order to manage the project. At the end of the day, the decision will be up to you and your partner on how you wish to manage this contract and your business. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths