🐈
» Forums » Agencies » Agency Questions!!
Page options
shurburt
Community Member

Agency Questions!!

Hello,

I have a few questions about my (new) agency account:

1. What status do I set members in my agency to, so I can assign them jobs?
  2. Also, Can the members of my agency see how much I (the agency) is making from the job?
  3. Do my members get deducted 20% and I get deducted 20%? just trying to see if it's like a double tax situation?
Thank you,
Jay
5 REPLIES 5
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jay,

You'll be able to assign jobs to your agency members regardless of their status in your agency. You can check this help article for more information about the differences between Exclusive and Non-Exclusive Agency Members. You can also add a Business Manager to your Agency, who can submit and manage team proposals and contracts for all your team members. You can find more information here.

You and admins can edit agency members' roles and permissions. This way you'll be able to adjust what your members will be able to do or see on the agency account.

All payments for agency contracts are received in the Agency's account balance, and you as an agency owner can control and divide the earnings as per your agreement with your team members. Please check this help article about Agency Finances and read about Agency Service Fees

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
shurburt
Community Member

My apologies if this is a duplicate, but I don't believe my last reply went through.

How do I pay people in my agency? 

I'm just very new and confused

Thank you

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jay,

Thank you for this question! When an agency is hired, all payments go to the agency owner. The agency owner must then pay their team members outside of Upwork. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
shurburt
Community Member

Okay starting to understand... last question. In the file below, where it says "select a freelancer" only my name shows up.. how do I get this to show other people in the agency?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jay, are you trying to apply to one of the jobs that has a US-only badge? In that case you won't be able to apply on behalf of agency members that aren't located in the US and that's by design. You can toggle US-only off and you'll be able to see names of your agency members in the drop down when sending a proposal.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths