🐈
» Forums » Agencies » Re: Agency VS Freelancer account Contracts
Page options
rebecca_ob
Community Member

Agency VS Freelancer account Contracts

Hello Upwork,

I am a non exclusive member of an agency on upwork. So I like to have some contracts on my own freelancer account and some as an agency member. However, the last two offers for jobs I applied on my own account have been sent to me as an agency member. Is this the doing of my clients or is it now automatic that I get my contracts in the agency?

Kindly enlighten me and show me how to fix this.

Thank you 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rebecca,

As a non-exclusive member of an Agency, you're able to Change Default Team. This option you'll find under your settings - my teams, after changing it the offers will not be accepted under the agency by default.

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rebecca,

As a non-exclusive member of an Agency, you're able to Change Default Team. This option you'll find under your settings - my teams, after changing it the offers will not be accepted under the agency by default.

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you so much, I have changed settings and I hope it works with the other offers. I have one more question which is nothing to do with this title. I have billed a client over $500 but I am still being charged the 20% upwork fee. Does it not change immediately?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rebecca,

Since that contract is under the Agency, you should discuss this with the Agency owner or the Admin.

Generally: We calculate agency service fees based on total agency billings with a client across all contracts. This means that all agency contracts any of the agency’s freelancers have had with a single client count towards an agency’s lifetime billings with that client. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
iftikhar-nasir
Community Member

I am a freelancer and I have a team of experts with different skills, what's the benefit of creating an agency account?

Hi Nasir,

Thank you for your message. Creating an agency account and subscribing to the Agency Plus plan which costs $20 a month helps you build your freelancer team with these other benefits:

• Grow your team with unlimited members.
  • Customize your Agency Profile URL to highlight your business.
  • Be competitive with insight into competitor bid values on jobs.
  • Engage and apply by purchasing shared agency Connects.
  • Keep your earnings confidential.

You can refer to this help page for more information on creating and managing Upwork agencies.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
iftikhar-nasir
Community Member

Thank you so much.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths