cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agency VS Freelancer account Contracts

Rebecca O Member Since: Nov 23, 2018
1 of 4

Hello Upwork,

I am a non exclusive member of an agency on upwork. So I like to have some contracts on my own freelancer account and some as an agency member. However, the last two offers for jobs I applied on my own account have been sent to me as an agency member. Is this the doing of my clients or is it now automatic that I get my contracts in the agency?

Kindly enlighten me and show me how to fix this.

Thank you 

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
BEST ANSWER
2 of 4

Hi Rebecca,

As a non-exclusive member of an Agency, you're able to Change Default Team. This option you'll find under your settings - my teams, after changing it the offers will not be accepted under the agency by default.

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you

~ Bojan
Untitled
Rebecca O Member Since: Nov 23, 2018
3 of 4

Thank you so much, I have changed settings and I hope it works with the other offers. I have one more question which is nothing to do with this title. I have billed a client over $500 but I am still being charged the 20% upwork fee. Does it not change immediately?

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
4 of 4

Hi Rebecca,

Since that contract is under the Agency, you should discuss this with the Agency owner or the Admin.

Generally: We calculate agency service fees based on total agency billings with a client across all contracts. This means that all agency contracts any of the agency’s freelancers have had with a single client count towards an agency’s lifetime billings with that client. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS