🐈
» Forums » Agencies » Agency managers can't boost proposals
Page options
webim
Community Member

Agency managers can't boost proposals

Hi I have 2 similar requests:

1. when manager select from who to send proposal, fill all the fields, there no boost option. 
I mean 3 days ago it's worked but now it seems gone. 

I think it's a bug and hope you can fix it.

2. For me as an owner a bit different. I can boost when select myself from the list, but when I select someone else, there is no option to boost.

!! I think the problem in exclusive member or not, because I still can boost from non-exclusive but can't from exclusive.

Was there any updates regardin this?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Aleksandr, 

Thank you for patiently waiting as our team looked into this further. Recently, we announced that boosting proposals is now limited to eligible freelancers. On this page of Upwork Help, we mentioned that "...eligibility to boost your proposal is determined based on how good of a match you are for the job and client requirements." But note that you can always submit the proposal without boosting. 

In your specific case, it's likely that your agency freelancer doesn't meet the requirements to boost the proposal, but you can still submit a proposal to the job post. 

I hope this helps!

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Aleksandr, 

Thank you for patiently waiting as our team looked into this further. Recently, we announced that boosting proposals is now limited to eligible freelancers. On this page of Upwork Help, we mentioned that "...eligibility to boost your proposal is determined based on how good of a match you are for the job and client requirements." But note that you can always submit the proposal without boosting. 

In your specific case, it's likely that your agency freelancer doesn't meet the requirements to boost the proposal, but you can still submit a proposal to the job post. 

I hope this helps!

~ Avery
Upwork
webim
Community Member

Hello Avery, thank you, but I think you are wrong. We are WordPress agency and everyone in our agency is tailored to WordPress except 1 who is designer. But we can't boost WordPress jobs with WordPress members.

But we still can boost with non-exclusive members.

Example: I just now searched for Python jobs (we don't have such service and teoretically can't boost it from any of agency members [PythonMachine Learning NumPy]) and it looks like non-exclusive members still can boost and exclusive can't.

It's a bug.

Hi Aleksandr,

I understand your concern. I will share your concern with our team to investigate this further and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep

Upwork
dnodson
Community Member

That's a terrible approach. Removing value from an already questionable offering.

a305ce41
Community Member

I'm having the same issue with my agency. I can boost for other agency members except 1 member. We are a customer service and admin agency and all our members are non-exclusive and qualified for the jobs I carefully select to send proposals to. Some questions that I need to be addressed:
1. Is there a limit for boosted proposals for agency members who are qualified for the job advertised?
2. If so, why? Yet agencies buy connects to apply for work?

3. If there is a limit, does withdrawing older boosted proposals allow for the affected agency member to continue boosting proposals?

Hello Joseph,

As Avery mentioned in her post above, we announced that boosting proposals is now limited to eligible freelancers. There's no limit to how many boosted proposals they can send as long as they are eligible to do so. If one of your agency members doesn't have the option to boost the proposal, it's likely that they don't meet the requirements to boost the proposal, but you can still submit a proposal to the job post. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
a305ce41
Community Member

Hello Luiggi,

Thanks for your response. However, the question of eligibility is incorrectly applied in this case. In my case, this agency member was able to boost her proposal before on the jobs she was qualified for, and now she cannot do so on the same jobs. Yet, other agency members who do not meet one or two criteria of the client can surprisingly boost their proposal. Kindly address this. 

Thank you.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths