🐈
» Forums » Agencies » Agency member payment
Page options
crispoluigi
Community Member

Agency member payment

I wonder how an exclusive freelancer is paid if he works through an agency.

Is the agency that receive the funds and then has to forward to the freelancer or work in a different way?

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Luigi C wrote:

I wonder how an exclusive freelancer is paid if he works through an agency.

Is the agency that receive the funds and then has to forward to the freelancer or work in a different way?

All agency members (exclusive and non-exclusive) are paid by their agencies for work done through the agency however they agree (never through Upwork)

Hi I want to know that is it necessary to have the bank account of each member in the agency? We have 3 members in the agency and agency have the bank account added in the Upwork account section of Agency. If a member of the agency have completed the project the amount will go to Agency account first or the member who has completed the job. Also, want to know that every member of the agency need a bank account whether he/she is an exclusive or non-exclusive member.

Hi Mukhtiar,

There's no need to add bank accounts from your team members, you will only need to set up your primary payment method on your agency. For contracts under the agency, the funds are paid to the agency and not the freelancer. 

Regarding your second question, you can refer to the details in the previous post here. If you have any additional questions let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths