🐈
» Forums » Agencies » Re: Agency member profile is deactivated
Page options
krmichael25
Community Member

Agency member profile is deactivated

Hello,

One of the developers in my agency created a profile 2 months ago. As agency manager, I helped him complete the profile to 100% and get the Rising Talent badge. Then he sent passport and ID documents, they were accepted. Passed video verification call and got an email that it was successful.

His profile was not allowed on Upwork though, we were still waiting for an invitation, but that's not the point.

This week he couldn't log in to Upwork profile and got the error message. Then he contacted Upwork support on Facebook about that and got the reply:
"We're sorry to confirm that your account is permanently suspended. We can see it has been decided that our working relationship must come to an end, and we regret that this has to happen"

That was unexpected for sure. I didn't submit proposals for him yet and profile was not used much and now it's suspended.

For what reason? Did he violate Upwork ToS somehow? I understand that profile might not be accepted, but freelancer can always change some details and resubmit - why blocking the account completely?

Please advise what we should do in that situation?

Regards,
Mikhail

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Mikhail K wrote:

One of the developers in my agency created a profile 2 months ago. As agency manager, I helped him complete the profile to 100% and get the Rising Talent badge

His profile was not allowed on Upwork though, we were still waiting for an invitation, but that's not the point.
"We're sorry to confirm that your account is permanently suspended. We can see it has been decided that our working relationship must come to an end, and we regret that this has to happen"

Please advise what we should do in that situation?

Nothing. Accept the decision and move on.

Upwork will not discuss another member's account with you and you want to stay well clear of the mess with a suspended account lest you put your own profile in jeopardy.

Ok, thank you for explaining Petra.
One question - if account is suspended and freelancer received that type of message from support, does it mean that profile is deleted from Upwork with all personal information?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths