🐈
» Forums » Agencies » Agency members responding to proposals
Page options
charlotte_17th
Community Member

Agency members responding to proposals

Hi there, I tried to start an agency before but had to drop it because when I send proposals, I thought only the business manager can directly communicate with the client. However, what was happening is that the client would respond to the proposal and the freelancer can see it and respond to it. They then talk about the job and the freelancer declines it without negotiating first. 

Is there a way that the interview gets through the business manager only? I want to restart the agency but I am not sure how to remedy this problem. Do I have to make them all exclusive members?

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Carla,

Clients can always contact their hired agency freelancers via messages. You can choose chat access levels within your agency.

• No One – Can't send messages (via the website, desktop app, or mobile app) to anyone in the agency unless they've received a message from that person first.
  • Team Members – Can see and chat with anyone on the team.
  • Company Members – Can see and chat with everyone in the company, across all teams.

I suggest that you check this help article for more information about agency settings and permissions.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Carla,

Clients can always contact their hired agency freelancers via messages. You can choose chat access levels within your agency.

• No One – Can't send messages (via the website, desktop app, or mobile app) to anyone in the agency unless they've received a message from that person first.
  • Team Members – Can see and chat with anyone on the team.
  • Company Members – Can see and chat with everyone in the company, across all teams.

I suggest that you check this help article for more information about agency settings and permissions.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksandar, so them being "exclusive" or "non-exclusive" doesn't have anything to do with it? 

The "agency" includes the clients? Does this mean they cannot contact the client and vice versa? Of course, I want them to be able to discuss work details but I just don't want the freelancer to be joining in on the interview process. It's the critical part and as the business manager, I want to handle that part myself. Once we've secured the contract, I think clients will want to have direct contact with the freelancers. Sorry, I am just so lost with this whole agency thing and there isn't a lot of information online. 

Hi Carla, 

The agency member's access to chat will depend on the chat permission you have set them to. Please check the help article that Aleksandar shared with you for more information. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths