🐈
» Forums » Agencies » Re: Agency website on profile
Page options
a_lipsey
Community Member

Agency website on profile

I'm trying to get some clarify on a question. I though including web links on profiles that lead to any contact info was not allowed. When I set up my agency, it has a place for my agency website. I am an incorporated consulting firm with a full website, so I'd like to list my website, but it does have ways for people to contact me. So should I exclude it for that reason?  Thanks for clarifying! 

3 REPLIES 3
JoanneP

Hi Amanda,

Adding a website on your profile that contains contact information is not allowed. You may share samples of your work when submitting a proposal or if you and the client are discussing the job details. If you worked on a website (design, writing, etc.) for a past client and want to share the link with a potential client as part of your portfolio, you also may do so even if the website includes contact information. In these cases, please be sure to ask the client to only contact you through Upwork until a contract is started. Please note that sharing social media handles/IDs is not allowed. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
a_lipsey
Community Member

Joanne Marie P wrote:

Hi Amanda,

Adding a website on your profile that contains contact information is not allowed. You may share samples of your work when submitting a proposal or if you and the client are discussing the job details. If you worked on a website (design, writing, etc.) for a past client and want to share the link with a potential client as part of your portfolio, you also may do so even if the website includes contact information. In these cases, please be sure to ask the client to only contact you through Upwork until a contract is started. Please note that sharing social media handles/IDs is not allowed. 

I appreciate this boilerplate response, but I don't think you're really listening to my question. I did not ask about work samples or portfolio.  On the agency profile set-up there is a place to list your agency website. My understanding is that if my "agency" website contains contact information then I am not allowed to list it. Is that correct? 

Hi Amanda,

I apologize for the misunderstanding. When Upwork provides a space for you to include a link to your website such as the field you're referring to in the agency profile set up, then it is fine to share your external portfolio this way. That's even if the website includes contact information.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths