🐈
» Forums » Agencies » Calendly alternatives and new Upwork TOS
Page options
d_ternovsky
Community Member

Calendly alternatives and new Upwork TOS

Hello there.

We used to use Calendly on Upwork for easy and convenient calls scheduling with the clients. As you know, the field "Email" is obligatory to be filled in to set up calls using this tool. 

As the new Upwork Terms Of Service entered into full force today, I went through different Calendly alternatives and it seems that all of those have the field "Email" obligatory and can not be edited or deleted. I tried around 10 of those and it was the same for each one of them. 

I saw that Upwork is going to add such a possibility to the messaging system, while I didn't find any indication on the specific date of introducing this functionality to the platform. In light of this, I have several questions to Upwork and the Upwork community:

1) Are we allowed to share the Calendly link with the Email field since it is obligatory in this service and can not be removed from there (at least for now) until the very moment when Upwork introduces its scheduling solution?

2) If the answer to question 1 is "no" in any of its forms, what tools would you recommend as an alternative to Calendly that is allowed to be used for scheduling the calls?

Thanks in advance,

Daniel

3 REPLIES 3
JoanneP

Hi Daniel,

Since, per our Terms of Service, you cannot share any contact information prior to starting a contract, please use Upwork Messages to discuss and set up an interview. You can also use messages for phone and video calls so live interviews are easy to conduct on Upwork. Since we are constantly looking at ways to improve our site, we will pass your feedback on to our team.

~ Joanne
Upwork
dyumnin
Community Member

I became aware of calendly recently, and it seems a nice tool to have for pre-contract meeting scheduling.
I went through the tool feature's and believe that it is possible to build an upwork-TOS compliant appointment-scheduler.

I believe that as long as the application can take the client and contractor email ID and use it only for sending them an appointment request but does not include the other parties email id in the appointment request, it will be compliant with Upwork's ToS.

Is this correct?
Will upwork allow freelancers and clients to use such an application if it is available?

It's kind of ridiculous that Upwork revokes the ability to use a service like Calendly, and then provides no alternative.

Visualizing time-zones can be very hard, and requires a lot of back and forth. It greatly deteriorates the experience for freelancers and job posters in my opinion.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths